Worker load handles message from more two distributor

  • Amz(S)u
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 15, 2012
      I already have windows processor worker nodes that handles the messages from a Distributor. Now I like to extend this worker node to handle messages from another distributor with different queue names. When I looked at the unicast bus configuration, I found that only one distributor Control and data address can be set. Is there a way to set up multiple distributor in NServiceBus Configuration? If you also explain the pros and cons of using handling multiple distributor that would help.
    • kijana.woodard
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 15, 2012
        AFAIK, that's not supported.

        You can think of the workers as extensions of the distributor process. If you have that much excess capacity to perform other work, you should decrease the number of workers and setup workers for the other distributor.

        You wouldn't want to mix messages from multiple distributors because it be impossible to tell "what's going on", "what is having the problem now", and "what would be impacted if we turned this off for a while".