RE: [nservicebus] NServiceBus and Castle MonoRail Async Controller

  • Udi Dahan
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2008

      In order to make the best use of nServiceBus in a web environment, it is often best to rethink common browser-server interactions and leverage the cacheability of resources on the web as well as designing in more asynchronous interactions by leveraging the browser as a platform in its own right.

      The async sample is there to show regular web pages are possible, not that they are the best way of doing things.

      Hope that helps,

      --

      Udi Dahan - The Software Simplist

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 2, 2008

          If you used pub/sub to keep that information up to date and generated static XML/HTML fragments from it, would that cover your requirements?

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 2, 2008
            Could do something like that maybe as well. Actually it might make whole lot of sense in my case to have fragments either put together by server (for anonymous visits / search engines) and by browser as async requests for signed in users. I'm not sure if an MVC framework is the way to go...

            Cheers,
            Miika

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 2, 2008

              The more scalable a web site you need, the less a classical MVC framework makes sense.

              Well, that’s been my experience.