Green - Allen Marriage

  • David Winter
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 17, 2011
      Roland is a brother to Hilda Jane (Green) Hatfield who m/2 George Alexander
      Patterson on an earlier posting.

      Roland Kelar/Keller Green was a WWI Veteran who is believed to have been
      seriously disabled in the war. Their son, Arthur Monson Green was raised by
      his paternal uncle, Charles Thomas Green and wife, Frances Loretta Hatfield.

      Dave
      =============
      NSARM Cumberland Marriages, 1921; Book #39; Page #646
      Roland Keller Green, Machinist, b, 23, Baptist
      Living Fox River; Born Fox River
      S/o Charles Monson Green, Lapreaux, and Hester Bentley
      And
      Chrean Hazel Allen, s, 22, Baptist
      Living Fox River; Born Ward's Brook
      D/o Arthur Dem?Clair [St. Clair] Allen, Ward's Brook, and Minnie Allen
      Married 24 May 1921, Presbyterian, Parrsboro
      Before Mrs. Arthur Cochrane (Fox River) and Cecil Webster (Port Greville)
      By Rev. Ephraim J. Kerr, Parrsboro, Presbyterian

      Source: Dave Winter 17 Feb 2011
      ===============
      Their son, Arthur Monson Green who was killed in WWII; estimate his birth at
      about 1922:

      Casualty Details
      Name: GREEN, ARTHUR MONSON
      Initials: A M
      Nationality: Canadian
      Rank: Pilot Officer (Air Gnr.)
      Regiment/Service: Royal Canadian Air Force
      Unit Text: 405 Sqdn.
      Age: 20
      Date of Death:01/10/1942
      Service No: J/16009
      Additional information: Son of Roland K. and Chrean Green; foster-son of L.
      Frances Green, of Bear River, Nova Scotia, Canada.
      Casualty Type: Commonwealth War Dead
      Grave/Memorial Reference: 2. E. 4.
      Cemetery: KIEL WAR CEMETERY
      ===================
    • Eric Keys
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 17, 2011
        Related obit:

        Her mother was Loretta Francis Hatfield-Green (foster mother of Arthur?)

        ========================
        WIGHTMAN, Helena May - 80, Smiths Cove, Digby Co., died February 23,
        1996, in Digby General Hospital. Born at Port Greville, Cumberland Co.,
        she was a daughter of the late Charles and Francis (Hatfield) Green. She
        attended Smiths Cove Baptist Church. She was a graduate of Oakdean
        School, Bear River, Annapolis Co. She was an avid curler, golfer and
        bridge player. Surviving are sons, John F., Bridgetown; Charles Richard
        (Dick), Alberton, P.E.I. She was predeceased by her husband, George
        Franklin (Frank); sister, Harriett. Graveside service will be held this
        summer at Mount Hope Cemetery, Bear River. Donations to Digby General
        Hospital. Arrangements under the direction of Digby Funeral Home.
        [Herald Obit CD 1961-1999]