McALEESE Obit help please

  • Diane Shaw
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2005
      Fellow Listers,
      Here is my QUESTION: Is there anyone on the list who may be able to provide
      copies of the obituaries for John & Joanna [LEWIS] McALEESE? .. ( death
      dates below)

      Through "Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness" for which I represent
      Cumberland County Nova Scotia, I have been contacted by a researcher looking
      for information on the family of John & Joanna [LEWIS] McALEESE. I was
      able to find the Cemetery records for the two as below:

      St. Brigid's Cemetery, located at Cross Roads (near Parrsboro) Cumberland
      County, NS - Marker # A-68

      1. John McALEESE, Husband, died 1893 January 26 age 64 years.

      2. Joanna McALEESE, Wife, died 1904 Jan 12 age 69 years.

      Also.....
      St. Brigid's Cemetery, located at Cross Roads (near Parrsboro) Cumberland
      County, NS - Marker # A-67
      Joanna A. McALEESE, Daughter of John & Joanna , died 1899 Mar 7 age 21
      years.

      Thanks for any help you may be able to offer in this regard.

      ~ Diane Alderson Shaw
      Amherst, NS
    • Keysie
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 5, 2005
        Hello Diane:

        Here's a bit of information that I've gathered on this family. - EMK

        Descendants of John McAleese, Jr & Joanna/Hannah Lewis

        Generation No. 1

        1. JOHN1 MCALEESE, JR (JOHNA) was born 1822 in NIRE, and died 26 January 1896. He married JOANNA/HANNAH LEWIS 07 August 1855 in Cumberland County, NS. She was born 1834, and died 12 January 1904.

        Children of JOHN MCALEESE and JOANNA/HANNAH LEWIS are:

        i. THOMAS2 MCALEESE, b. 07 June 1856; m. HAGGERT ?; b. 02 January 1858.

        ii. MARGARET [MAGGIE] MCALEESE, b. 1864.

        iii. RICHARD MCALEESE, b. 1866.

        iv. FRANCIS [FRANK] MCALEESE, b. 15 February 1866, Spencer's Island, Cumberland, NS.

        v. DANIEL MCALEESE, b. 18 April 1867, Spencer's Island, Cumberland, NS; d. 03 January 1921, New Prospect, Cumberland, NS; m. SABRA BROWN, 31 December 1891; b. 18 April 1867, Lakelands, Cumberland, NS; d. 1945.

        Notes for DANIEL MCALEESE:

        Oxford Journal, 20 Jan 1921

        **OBIT - Daniel McALEESE

        The death of Daniel McALEESE occurred at his home at New Prospect at an early hour n Monday morning after a brief illness from pneumonia. He was 62 years of age. The deceased was a well-known farmer and lumberman and a man highly respected in the Community and his sudden demise is regretted by a host of friends. The late Mr. McALEESE leaves to mourn a widow, Mrs. Hugh CLARK of Pugwash, Misses Margaret, Emma, Phyllis and Jean and five sons, John of Alma, N.B. Charles in Port Arthur, Texas and Donald, Robt and Hugh at home. Two sisters, Mrs. W. HARTNETT and Mrs. (Capt) Dennis MORRISSEY of Parrsboro and three brothers, Thomas in Niagara Falls, Frank of River Hebert and John in United States. The funeral took place from St. Bridget's Church on Wednesday afternoon. Rev. Father Walsh was the officiating clergyman.

        vi. JOHN MCALEESE III, b. 09 April 1868, Parrsboro, Cumberland, NS.

        vii. JAMES MCALEESE, b. 11 May 1872.

        viii. MARY MCALEESE, b. 04 July 1876.

        ix. JOANNA A MCALEESE, b. 1878; d. 07 March 1899.

        > Here is my QUESTION: Is there anyone on the list who may be able to provide
        > copies of the obituaries for John & Joanna [LEWIS] McALEESE? .. ( death
        > dates below)
        >
        > Through "Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness" for which I represent
        > Cumberland County Nova Scotia, I have been contacted by a researcher looking
        > for information on the family of John & Joanna [LEWIS] McALEESE. I was
        > able to find the Cemetery records for the two as below:
        >
        > St. Brigid's Cemetery, located at Cross Roads (near Parrsboro) Cumberland
        > County, NS - Marker # A-68
        >
        > 1. John McALEESE, Husband, died 1893 January 26 age 64 years.
        >
        > 2. Joanna McALEESE, Wife, died 1904 Jan 12 age 69 years.
        >
        > Also.....
        > St. Brigid's Cemetery, located at Cross Roads (near Parrsboro) Cumberland
        > County, NS - Marker # A-67
        > Joanna A. McALEESE, Daughter of John & Joanna , died 1899 Mar 7 age 21
        > years.
        >

        > Thanks for any help you may be able to offer in this regard.
        >
        > ~ Diane Alderson Shaw
        > Amherst, NS
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >

        > --
      • R.W. Rick Redmond
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 6, 2005
          Greetings.

          Would anyone have information on the parents and siblings of JOHN1 MCALEESE,
          JR (JOHNA), born 1822 in NIRE??

          In particular, would Francis McAleese b. 12-July-1837 in NIRE be his
          brother??

          Thank you.

          Regards,

          R.W. Rick Redmond
          Sherwood Park, Alberta Canada

          rick.redmond@...

          Ideals are like the Stars; We never reach them, but like Mariners of the
          Sea, we chart our course by them. Carl Schurz

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 6, 2005
            Sorry, Rick. No Francis yet. - Eric
            Descendants of John McAleese & Elizabeth Monohan

            1 John McAleese

            . +Elizabeth Monohan

            ....... 2 John McAleese, Jr b: 1822 NIRE d: 26 January 1896 (NIRE = Northern Ireland)

            ........... +Joanna/Hannah Lewis b: 1834 d: 12 January 1904 m: 07 August 1855 Cumberland County, NS

            ....... 2 James Anderson McAleese d: Aft. 1851 Moncton, Westmorland, NB

            ....... 2 Charles McAleese b: 1839

            ....... 2 William Knox McAleese b: 1840

            ....... 2 Mary McAleese

            ....... 2 Rebecca McAleese

            ....... 2 Sarah McAleese

            > Would anyone have information on the parents and siblings of JOHN1 MCALEESE,
            > JR (JOHNA), born 1822 in NIRE??
            >
            > In particular, would Francis McAleese b. 12-July-1837 in NIRE be his
            > brother??
            >
            > Thank you.
            >
            > Regards,
            >

            > R.W. Rick Redmond
            > Sherwood Park, Alberta Canada
            >
            > rick.redmond@...
            >
            > Ideals are like the Stars; We never reach them, but like Mariners of the
            > Sea, we chart our course by them. Carl Schurz

          • Diane Shaw
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 10, 2005
              Ertic Thanks for yor help ew McALLEESE