Audio files

  • bhill_80@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 1, 2012
      Does anyone know of a site that might have sound files that are known to play on iPhone. I can get my audio files to play in chrome but not on ios5. Audio player says cannot play sound.

      Bob
    • Thomas Gruber
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 1, 2012
        Hi,
        have you tried the AudioVideo sample (under 4. Features)? That uses a .wav file, which works on my iPhone (iOS 5).
        A few questions:
        1. what server are you deploying to? www.NSBAPP.COM (that's what I used for testing)?
        2. have you tried .wav  audio files? I tested that with success.
        Kind regards
        Tom

        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 1, 2012
          Hi,
          I've also tested an .mp3 file, by replacing the .wav file in the sample with a music file of my own.
          Be careful, you have to have the name of the music file in 2 places: in the audio control, and in the manifest!
          Kind regards
          Tom

          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 1, 2012
            I deploy to a hosted server and all
            works from chrome, I have tried .wav
            without success. Some files will
            Play if they are the only one assigned
            to the audio control and src is set
            in properties window. If I assign
            src at runtime none play, they are all
            listed in manifest and all are les than 3 seconds
            long.

            Bob

            On Feb 1, 2012, at 2:07 PM, Thomas Gruber <computerhusky@...> wrote:

            Hi,

            have you tried the AudioVideo sample (under 4. Features)? That uses a .wav file, which works on my iPhone (iOS 5).
            A few questions:
            1. what server are you deploying to? www.NSBAPP.COM (that's what I used for testing)?
            2. have you tried .wav  audio files? I tested that with success.
            Kind regards
            Tom

            Am 01.02.2012 um 19:13PM schrieb bhill_80@...:

            Does anyone know of a site that might have sound files that are known to play on iPhone. I can get my audio files to play in chrome but not on ios5. Audio player says cannot play sound.

            Bob

            =
          • Christian Probst
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 1, 2012
              So you can't play audio with src assigned at runtime. Different thing!

              I suspect your assignment doesn't work.

              Best reagards
              Christian

              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 1, 2012
                Hi,
                and 1 more: .m4a (AAC) also works. With .wav, .mp3 and .m4a the most popular audio formats should be covered.
                You can try the test app I deployed on your iPhone, on the nsbapp.com server: http://www.nsbapp.com/kvjjAudioVideo

                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 1, 2012
                  So, I have to specify multiple src
                  names assigned to the audio control
                  In properties? If so, how do I do that?

                  Bob

                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 1, 2012
                    Christian,
                    I've tried changing the music file after first opening the program on the iPhone, and that created an error message. I used the AudioVideo sample, ran it on the iPhone (no problem), then re-deployed it with a different music file - and it failed. Required a "clear cache" in Safari settings on the iPhone, then the next file worked.
                    So there's at least some problem with changing files. I did only have 1 file in the manifest at a time though.
                    Tom

                      Message 10 of 13 , Feb 1, 2012
                        I just cleared cache and first file played
                        but audio control progress bar
                        stopped about 20% and then no
                        others files played unless I slide
                        Progress slider back to start. Then
                        I closed app then reloaded and no
                        files would play unless the cache
                        was cleared again. Is there a way to
                        reset the audio control to the start?
                        And I guess the cache problem is a bug?

                        Bob

[...]

                      • George Henne
                        Message 11 of 13 , Feb 1, 2012
                          Here's a good article on sound and iOS:
                          <http://remysharp.com/2010/12/23/audio-sprites/>

                          I have not tried any of the suggestions the author has.

                          George Henne
                          NS BASIC Corporation
                          http://www.nsbasic.com

                        • George Henne