Re(2): [nsbasic-app] square buttons on iOS?

  • George Henne
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 2, 2011
      You're right - it's amazing that no one has picked up on this yet.

      We will work on a solution.

      >Thanks for the valuable hint George.
      >
      >I can see only rounded edges for buttons in the guideline, no rounded
      >buttons. Rounded edges are of course ok. If you declare a button with
      >same with and height in nsb the button is totally round on iPad.
      >Shouldnt it have plane sides?
      >

      >Freundliche Grüße
      >Christian Probst
      >
      >Am 02.07.2011 um 12:40 schrieb "George Henne" <gh@...>:
      >

      >Apple's UI Guidelines call for rounded rectangle for buttons:
      ><http://developer.apple.com/library/ios/#DOCUMENTATION/UserExperience/
      >Conceptual/MobileHIG/UIElementGuidelines/UIElementGuidelines.html%23//
      >apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40006556-CH13-SW1>
      >
      >>Is there a simple way to get squared buttons on iOS
      >>instead of the rounded ones? Maybe by applying an css?
      >>
      >>Best regards
      >>Christian

    • George Henne
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 2, 2011
        Here is a workaround. We'll make this part of the next build, so you won't have to change any of your code.

        Put this code in the Global Code section:

        HTML
        .nsbbutton {border:1px solid black;
        -moz-border-radius:8px; -webkit-border-radius: 8px ;
        background:-webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, from(#FFFFFF), to(#b4b7be))}
        End HTML

        Then, for each of your buttons, set the class to nsbbutton.

        Let me know how it works for you!

        >Thanks for the valuable hint George.
        >
        >I can see only rounded edges for buttons in the guideline, no rounded
        >buttons. Rounded edges are of course ok. If you declare a button with
        >same with and height in nsb the button is totally round on iPad.
        >Shouldnt it have plane sides?
        >

        >Freundliche Grüße
        >Christian Probst
        >
        >Am 02.07.2011 um 12:40 schrieb "George Henne" <gh@...>:
        >

        >Apple's UI Guidelines call for rounded rectangle for buttons:
        ><http://developer.apple.com/library/ios/#DOCUMENTATION/UserExperience/
        >Conceptual/MobileHIG/UIElementGuidelines/UIElementGuidelines.html%23//
        >apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40006556-CH13-SW1>
        >
        >>Is there a simple way to get squared buttons on iOS
        >>instead of the rounded ones? Maybe by applying an css?
        >>
        >>Best regards
        >>Christian

      • Christian Probst
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 2, 2011
          That is great and it is exactly the solution i was actually looking for!

          Thank you so much
          Christian