Re: Devices & resolutions

  • kynao.yooky
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 21, 2012
      Yes i saw them but if we consider these devices as profiles; can we define in one nsbasic app different profiles charged dynamically depending on the detected device ? Do we have a sample of this ?

      I used so many mobile apps from the android market and they look very good on a galaxy note (large screen, big resolution) while apps have probably not been coded for that device specifically, how did the dev anage it ?

      Sorry for my answer delay, i received no forum notification

      --- In nsbasic-app@yahoogroups.com, "George Henne" <gh@...> wrote:

      > If you scroll down, you will see there are actually a lot more than 3 choices when you start a new project.
      >
      > There are many different devices which can be used with App Studio. Many have different sizes: an iPad screen is much bigger than an iPhone screen.
      >
      > In this setting, you are selecting the default form size to be used with your app. You can override this for individual forms.
      >
      > >Hello,
      > >
      > >When creating new NSBasic projects, why are thre different devices and
      > >resolutions ?
      > >
      > >Does than mean that when we deploy native apps to app stores, we have to
      > >deploy many apps per appstore (for the different devices and resolutions) ?
      > >
      > >For all the apps i downloaded from the android market on my device, none
      > >of them ask which version of the application i want depending of the
      > >resolution.
      > >
      > >Probably something i very bad understand here, thanks in adavance for
      > >all the lights you can bring here to push away the dark side :)

    • George Henne
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 23, 2012
        They probably look at the screen size on startup and adjust left, right, width and height accordingly. This can be done in App Studio as well.