SE at the Oscars

  • Rina Saperstein
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 22, 2013
      Radio Interview on "Marketplace" with Participant Media CEO Jim Berk,
      producers of movie "Lincoln", nominated for Oscar. Company is a for-profit
      social enterprise; in audio interview, Berk specifically mentions "double
      bottom line".

      Per their website: "Participant exists to tell compelling, entertaining
      stories that also create awareness of the real issues that shape our lives."

      [Editor's note: http://bit.ly/XMerXZ ]
    • Jim Fruchterman
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 4, 2013
        This shouldn't be a big surprise. Participant Media's founder is Jeff Skoll, whose foundation is a huge backer of social enterprises (including my org Benetech for more than ten years). The senior Participant Media guys attend the Skoll World Forum most years.

        Jim

        From: Rina Saperstein

        Radio Interview on "Marketplace" with Participant Media CEO Jim Berk,
        producers of movie "Lincoln", nominated for Oscar. Company is a for-profit
        social enterprise; in audio interview, Berk specifically mentions "double
        bottom line".

        Per their website: "Participant Media exists to tell compelling, entertaining