Re: SE's working with the 55+ crowd

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4 11:37 AM
      Here are the responses to the following question from Brendan:

      "I am looking for examples of social enterprises working with the 55+ crowd, any ideas?"

      (1) From Drew Tulchin

      Check out Women’s Opportunities Resource Center (WORC) http://www.worc-pa.com

      Contact person is Lynne Cutler, lcutler@..., 215-564-5500. She has been working on entrepreneurism for the 55+ crowd for many years and they have a training program and lots of experience on it.

      (2) From David Weisberger

      Check out Civic Ventures and their awardees!

      [Editor's note: http://www.encore.org/learn/aboutus ]
    • David H. Carleton
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 4 12:05 PM
        Sorry I somehow missed this string... but food service social enterprise has GREAT opportunities for 55+, provided they can lift 50 pounds and be on their feet for long periods of time. We see LOTS of successful seniors completing foodservice training and getting solid, stable employment.

        Food Service is great because there's lots of part-time work available, in addition to full time opportunities.

        For inspiration, check out the Catalyst Kitchens collaborative at http://www.catalystkitchens.org

        DAVID H. CARLETON:
        VP FareStart // Director Catalyst Kitchens
        www.farestart.org // www.catalystkitchens.org
        Here are the responses to the following question from Brendan:

        "I am looking for examples of social enterprises working with the 55+ crowd, any ideas?"

        (1) From Drew Tulchin

        Check out Women's Opportunities Resource Center (WORC) http://www.worc-pa.com

        Contact person is Lynne Cutler, lcutler@..., 215-564-5500. She has been working on entrepreneurism for the 55+ crowd for many years and they have a training program and lots of experience on it.

        (2) From David Weisberger

        Check out Civic Ventures and their awardees!

        [Editor's note: http://www.encore.org/learn/aboutus ]

        State of Social Enterprise 2012? http://bit.ly/A1Te3z Shopping online? Social Enterprise Shopping Guide http://bit.ly/qsDUzN

        Dining out? Social Enterprise Dining Map http://bit.ly/niLeCX Looking for local SEs? Directory of SE Directories http://bit.ly/uIl0xA

        SE Tax/Legal Info? http://bit.ly/n4BqNZ (US nonprofit) Searchable npEnterprise archives? http://bit.ly/hc7raG How to guide on starting an SE? http://bit.ly/dWwZ0B

        Follow npE on Twitter http://bit.ly/rDB4ac or Facebook http://on.fb.me/vvyJ9B You can post SE events, promotions & job openings on our Facebook page

        The npEnterprise Forum discusses practical steps social enterprises use to build capacity, mission impact, and financial sustainability through income-generating business activities. This list is owned and edited by Rolfe Larson Associates LLC (goo.gl/Dspbv). The npEnterprise Forum is the official listserv partner of the Social Enterprise Alliance.

        Permission to redistribute this email is granted provided you include this paragraph. We reserve the right to select messages for distribution, and to publish messages with attribution in other venues. More information at http://bit.ly/hv5X1s , including how to subscribe and unsubscribe. Yahoo! Groups Links