Re: SE in the Philippines?

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2011
      Here are the responses to the following question from Amy Villanueva:

      "I know there are some exciting developments in South Korea around social enterprise. Is there anything happening in the Philippines?"

      (1) From Paulina Migalska

      Take a look at these:

      Cecilia D. Del Castillo
      Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation Inc., Philippines
      cdelcastillo@...
      (speaker at the Social Enterprise Summit + World Forum 2010 in San Francisco)

      Eufrecina T. De Jesus
      Inner City Development Cooperative (ICDC), Philippines
      zenydejesus2003@...
      (speaker at the Social Enterprise Summit + World Forum 2010 in San Francisco)

      Carina L. de la Cruz
      Community Development Capital Ventures Foundation Inc., Manila, Philippines
      carina_delacruz101@...
      (a micro-retailing with micro credit social franchising model)

      Steven Van Yoder
      Director, Global Initiative to Advance Entrepreneurship (GIVE)
      steven@...
      (based in San Francisco but does quite a bit of work in East Asia, especially the Philippines)

      (2) From Vincent vincent@...

      Hi Amy - Please contact Dr. Talisayon who is a knowledge management expert and based in Manila. He had made studies on social enterprises in The Philippines and had paper released at international conference. He can be contacted at:

      serafin.talisayon@...,

      (3) From Jack Glade

      I know of one sustainable fish farming social enterprise, but unfortunately can't recall its name. Learned of it at the 2010 Social Enterprise World Forum in San Francisco.

      [Editor's note: I couldn't find anything searching "fish farming" or "Philippines" in the 2010 Summit program guide. Anybody know what organization Jack is referring to? Perhaps one of the groups Paulina mentioned above?]
    • envirogex
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 14, 2011
        Can you give me some websites for Korean social enterprises?

        I have a friend http://socialalchemy.com.au (Matthew Jones) who goes to Korean often.

        I am in Australia and we want to see how East meets West collaboration can work.

        Thanks,
        Tom
      • Daniel Bassill
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 20, 2011
          I've had interns from Korea doing 6 week internships at my Chicago non
          profit for the past few years. Take a look at this group to see some of the
          projects they have worked on.

          http://tutormentorconnection.ning.com/group/cktmc

          Since big cities in the US, Korea, Australia and every other country have
          gaps between rich and poor, and pockets of very poor living in concentrated
          areas, the ideas shared by these interns can be applied in any country.
          You're welcome to join our group and see if you can use the ideas or help
          expand the number of people who look at them.

          Dan Bassill