Social Enterprise / Venture Business Plan Competition

  • Kevin P. McQueen
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 25, 2009
      Does anyone know where I can find a list of all of the business plan
      competitions that target social enterprises or social ventures?

      Thanks!
    • Brendan Reimer
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2, 2009
        In the spirit of sharing social enterprise sector knowledge, Nelson CARES Society's Earth Matters program is in the midst of developing a social enterprise which will be an eco retail store (physical and on-line) which will employ people with barriers to employment.

        They are interested now in developing some policies around social enterprise - policies that will speak to their approach to healthy competition, directing profits, sales and service policies, and risk management.

        Rona Park, the organization's Executive Director, seeks examples that may be amenable to incorporation into the development of their new social enterprise.

        For more information on the BC Centre for Social Enterprise, click here. <http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1102479801052&e=001s-i2tFh740JGzcpiWG9JYY1JIZavDZJyBqNRwbY2HNJ4heAOKrMmYKpBaWZQJ9QYeNlRnbq9myAPh6X_teVFOr7VgHOvQqRZUrvxSBykzR6S3iTuju0PuKxldg86LQbzqqrpibyr3mslTDsL2HWRmw==>
      • Kevin P. McQueen
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 2, 2009
          --- In npEnterprise@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin P. McQueen" <kevinm@...>
          wrote:

          > Does anyone know where I can find a list of all of the business plan
          > competitions that target social enterprises or social ventures?
          >
          > Thanks!

          Thank you to everyone who responded to my earlier post. The following
          link to the William James Foundation provides a comprehensive list of
          business plan competitions:

          http://www.williamjamesfoundation.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=Page.viewPage&pageId=515&parentID=489&nodeID=1

          Best,

          Kevin McQueen

          [Moderator's note: here's another list of social venture competitions, this one suggested by Jeff Rauenhorst.
          From the Global Social Venture Competition website:

          http://www.gsvc.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=Page.viewPage&pageId=200&parentID=58&nodeID=1 ]