SE & offender rehabilitation

  • Eli Malinsky
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 17, 2008
      Are you aware of any social enterprises are focused on employment for
      ex-convicts/offenders?

      I have a particular interest in programs focusing on the aboriginal
      community, although any program focused on employment for this population
      would be helpful.

      Eli Malinsky
      Program Manager
      Centre for Social Innovation
      Toronto, ON M5T 2C7
    • terry.rorison
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 12, 2008
        Try http://www.hired.org in the Minneapolis, MN area.

        [Moderator's note: according to its web site, HIRED is a leading Twin Cities area provider of job-skills training and employment training, with programs designed to assist low-income adults, dislocated workers, welfare-to-work individuals, refugees and youth. However, they do not appear to operate any social enterprises (earned income), at least based on a quick review of their website.

        An example of an organization that operates social enterprises to train and employ ex-convicts and ex-offenders is Pioneer Human Services in Seattle. Here's their website:

        http://www.pioneerhumanservices.org/

        Can anyone suggest some other examples?]