Strategic partnerships

  • Joe Hunt
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 22, 2007
      I am consulting for a nonprofit vocational training school teaching print
      technology. It also operates a social enterprise, a commercial printing
      business. There is an opportunity to partner with a for-profit organization
      that does much the same type of business, printing.

      In thinking about how we might have a tighter, more efficient integration with the for-profit partner we are considering how we might reallocate facilities, technology and manpower.

      Using "facilities" as an example, we could move to their facility
      and conduct our nonprofit vocational training and our earned-income
      commercial printing. In such a situation, can the for-profit partner write off all or part of the facilities lease expenses?