Value News Network

  • Laurance Allen
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 27, 2006
      I have greatly enjoyed being a member of this listserv. I have replied to other members� messages over the past three years, but never directly reached out and asked for advice.

      A group of us have created a magazine Value: Tomorrow�s Markets, Enterprise & Investment and a web portal, http://www.valuenewsnetwork.com/ to address the cross-cutting themes across the value spectrum from corporate for-profits to the social enterprise sector�nonprofit earned-income initiatives as well as the �not only for profit� entities such as Newman�s Own, Stonyfield Farm and ourselves�to socially responsible investing and philanthropy.

      The convening editors are John Elkington of www.SustainAbility.com and Jed Emerson who has put forward his thinking at www.blendedvalue.org

      Our editorial mission statement:

      Value believes that investors, business and--ultimately--society will benefit from a more rigorous examination of how real value is created. That is what we are dedicated to providing. But expect a challenging ride. Investment approaches and outcomes vary widely--and value itself clearly consists of more than economic value. We will focus on the best thinking about value; what works, what doesn't and the best strategies for maximizing social, environmental and economic returns.

      Hugely ambitious I must admit, but now for the first time I really would like to get feedback from the group on this social enterprise initiative:

      First, please see: http://www.valuenewsnetwork.com/

      Secondly, Value: Tomorrow�s Markets, Enterprise & Investment
      magazine can now be downloaded free at:
      http://www.zinio.com/offer?issn=valuedemo&of=D3

      If it appeals to you, please spread the word to those you know will be interested and ask them to register and comment on the blogs!

      Many thanks Laurance Allen