Re: [npEnterprise Forum] Questions

  • Tom White
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 22, 2005
      >2. We are looking for a PRI to start the social venture and we are
      >having difficulties finding foundations that work with social ventures.
      >What do foundations call social ventures, so we can search and find
      >foundations who are interested in supporting this work?
      >
      >Any help would be greatly appreciated!

      You may want to try the Double-Bottom Line Investor Directory at the
      Columbia Biz School's RISE Project <http://riseproject.org> and the
      Enterprise Foundation's MoneyNet database
      <http://www.enterprisecommunity.org/resources/funding/moneyNet/donorsearch.asp>.

      The Enterprise Foundation has worked with the Social Enterprise
      Alliance in expanding access to information about funders of social
      enterprise. You can select "social enterprise" in the
      "Subject/Focus" field to identify these funders.

      Good luck.

      Tom
      --
      Tom White, Editor & Publisher