Re: [npEnterprise Forum] Starting an SE store

  • Tom White
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 22, 2005
      I recently posted a link, on the Other News section of the Social
      Enterprise Reporter web site (http://sereporter.com), to an article
      about a Tacoma, Washington-based Methodist Church opening a Fair Trade store.

      Also, one of my Editorial Advisors, Natalie Woodroofe, directs the
      Women's Rural Entrepreneurial Network (WREN), one of the fastest
      growing nonprofits in New Hampshire. They've got a brick and mortar and online
      store, http://www.theshopatwren.com/about.php/ and I'm sure they'd be
      happy to share some of their experiences.

      I'll plan to cover retail operations in an upcoming issue of SER!

      Best regards,

      Tom

      --
      Tom White, Editor & Publisher
      Social Enterprise Reporter
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2006
        MarketPlace: Handwork of India is a non-profit Fair Trade company. We do not operate a retail store ourselves, but we sell to a number of stores many of them Fair Trade. We market through a nation-wide retail catalog and also sell on the web http://www.marketplaceindia.com

        We would be happy to share information, resources and experiences - We are in our 20th year!

        Best Wishes,

        Pushpika Freitas