Novial Lexike + question on Novial Flag

  • Renaud Kuty
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2007
      Dear all,

      Regarding the NL, I'll do what I can for the French part. Again, this is a considerable work, so it might take months, or even years (I'd better be clear on that one straight away), but I definitely like the idea of it. So there is hope ;-)
      In any case, I'd be happy to have the NL in Excel format as soon as it is cleaned up. That way I'll be able to work at it at my pace, i.e. when time permits.

      A totally different question: does any of you know where the Novial Flag (http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Flag_of_Novial.svg) comes from? When was it originally designed, and by whom? And what is it supposed to represent?

      Cheers to all,
      Renaud
    • nov_ialiste
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2007
        --- In novial-discussion@yahoogroups.com, "Renaud Kuty"
        <novialingue@...> wrote:

        > Dear all,
        >
        > Regarding the NL, I'll do what I can for the French part. Again,
        this is a
        > considerable work, so it might take months, or even years (I'd better be
        > clear on that one straight away), but I definitely like the idea of
        it. So
        > there is hope ;-)
        > In any case, I'd be happy to have the NL in Excel format as soon as
        it is
        > cleaned up. That way I'll be able to work at it at my pace, i.e.
        when time
        > permits.

        I will post the Excel file in the Files section of this board, maybe
        in a few weeks (still a lot to do). I'm working form Z backwards, so
        if desired I could post part of it here, e.g. Q to Z, before the whole
        thing is completed.

        I did it little by little as it's a lot of work and, as you say,
        sensibly done over many months. However, to have the Fench terms
        expanded would be great!

        > A totally different question: does any of you know where the Novial
        Flag (
        > http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Flag_of_Novial.svg) comes
        from? When
        > was it originally designed, and by whom? And what is it supposed to
        > represent?

        I made the Novial flag posted at Wikibooks and Wikipedia. Anybody is
        welcome to use it as far as I am concerned (you might have noticed I'm
        not a graphic artist - it isn't quite symmetrical).

        Salutos,

        nov_ialiste
      • Renaud Kuty
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2007
          Well, it seems I'm not on moderated status after all. Then I suppose I pushed on the wrong button when I tried to send a message to the list earlier this afternoon. Here it is again:

          ===========================
          > I will post the Excel file in the Files section of this board, maybe
          > in a few weeks (still a lot to do). I'm working form Z backwards, so
          > if desired I could post part of it here, e.g. Q to Z, before the whole
          > thing is completed.

          Believe me, there is NO hurry, at least as far as I am concerned: currently the languages I'm dealing with professionally are taking up most of my time!

          > I did it little by little as it's a lot of work and, as you say, sensibly
          > done over many months. However, to have the Fench terms
          > expanded would be great!

          I'll be delighted to oblige ;-)
          And I think it would also be great if, in the future, dedicated Novialistes with another linguistic background than English, French or German were willing to translate the NL into their mother tongue...

          > I made the Novial flag posted at Wikibooks and Wikipedia. Anybody is
          > welcome to use it as far as I am concerned (you might have noticed I'm
          > not a graphic artist - it isn't quite symmetrical).

          No problem with the symmetry. And as you may have noticed I use it already on my Novialingue page (with a link to Wiki and the GNU license of course).
          But I was wondering whether this was a creation of your own, or if you "simply" digitalized something that was already there.
          And in the former case, what led you to that design?
          In any case I like the symbol; I'm simply curious...

          Renaud
        • Donald Gasper
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 2, 2007

            Me ha vida anke altri flage por Novial: Blanki stele kun sep puntes sur funde verdi.

            Ob ulu sava ulum pri disum?

          • noviaLingue
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 2, 2007
              > Me ha vida anke altri flage por Novial: Blanki stele kun sep puntes sur funde verdi.
              > Ob ulu sava ulum pri disum?

              No, me ha nultem vida lum.
              Ob vu pove dikte a me vor vu ha trova lum?

              Renaud
            • Donald Gasper
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 2, 2007

                On pove vida ambi flages che li pagine "Periodi tabele del kemial elementes": http://www.jergym.hiedu.cz/~canovm/vyhledav/variant8/novial.html