Lexicon

  • CppGuy
    Message 1 of 15 , May 24, 2013
      Message 2 of 15 , May 24, 2013

        CppGuy skrev 2013-05-24 22:41:

        Message 3 of 15 , May 24, 2013

          Message 4 of 15 , May 24, 2013
            a-z, but I conclude that you have
            not uploaded it yet. I got a 404
            when I tried to open it, anyway.

            Kjr
            CppGuy skrev 2013-05-24 22:41:

            > https://www.zypslabs.com/novial/

          • Tim R
            Message 5 of 15 , May 25, 2013
              You should click on "The Lexicon." If you clicked on the letters AZ, nothing should have happened as they are the initials I use online. :-)
            • Kjell Rehnström
              Message 6 of 15 , May 25, 2013
                I did clic on The lexicon, but I
                still got back to the page tellng
                me that it did not exist. But ton't
                worry, I already have Jespersen's
                lexicon in my machine, and as I
                look up words I translate the
                English part into Swedish, so when
                I'm finished with it I'll have a
                Novial-Swedish dictionary. New
                words that I will need, I'll look
                for in the Ido and Occidental
                dictionaries in the first place,
                then in the Interlingua dictionary,
                or, if those entries appear too
                un-Novialish I'll do a comparison
                with Western Languages and see what
                I get.

                Kjell R
                Tim R skrev 2013-05-25 18:14:
                > You should click on "The
                > Lexicon." If you clicked on the
                > letters AZ, nothing should have
                > happened as they are the initials
                > I use online. :-)

              • Tim R
                Message 7 of 15 , May 25, 2013
                  Very odd you're having a problem. I just tried the link again and it works fine for me. I guess for Bruce as well.
                • Kjell Rehnström
                  Message 8 of 15 , May 25, 2013
                    Really. Obviously there is
                    something I'm doing wrong. When I
                    have more time to use I shall dig
                    into it. But as a matter of fact
                    I'm currently translating a text
                    into Interlingua, and that's quite
                    a challenge. So after that I'll be
                    more active with Novial.

                    Kjell R
                    Tim R skrev 2013-05-25 18:43:
                    > Very odd you're having a problem.
                    > I just tried the link again and
                    > it works fine for me. I guess for
                    > Bruce as well.

                  • Bruce R. Gilson
                    Message 9 of 15 , May 25, 2013
                      On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 12:43 PM, Tim R <cppguy@...> wrote:

                      Very odd you're having a problem. I just tried the link again and it works fine for me. I guess for Bruce as well.

                      Actually, it is not working for me. I had looked at the lexicon before, but only just now did I try to get at the lexicon via the link from

                      and I got an error message as well. Previously I had looked at https://www.zypslabs.com/novial/ without trying the link, or I'd looked at the lexicon via a link from your e-mail directly, but never tried the link to the lexicon on https://www.zypslabs.com/novial/ itself.
                      --

                                                                                           Bruce R. Gilson
                                                                                           brg1942@...

                    • CppGuy
                      Message 10 of 15 , May 25, 2013
                        OK, I'm extra confused, then. The only thing I can think could be a problem is that the page uses and Active-X control for the alphabet bar. But that shouldn't give a 404 error (which is missing page). I know the pages aren't missing, though. I followed the link from the forum message to the pages without issue.

                        Can anyone else get there?

                        --- In novial-discussion@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce R. Gilson" <brg1942@...> wrote:

                        > On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 12:43 PM, Tim R <cppguy@...> wrote:
                        >
                        > > **
                        > >

                        > > Very odd you're having a problem. I just tried the link again and it works
                        > > fine for me. I guess for Bruce as well.
                        > >

                        > Actually, it is *not* working for me. I had looked at the lexicon before,
                        > but only just now did I try to get at the lexicon via the link from
                        > https://www.zypslabs.com/novial/
                        >
                        > and I got an error message as well. Previously I had looked at
                        > https://www.zypslabs.com/novial/ without trying the link, or I'd looked at
                        > the lexicon via a link from your e-mail directly, but never tried the link
                        > to the lexicon on https://www.zypslabs.com/novial/ itself.
                        > --
                        >
                        > Bruce
                        > R. Gilson
                        >
                        > brg1942@...

                      • Bruce R. Gilson
                        Message 11 of 15 , May 25, 2013

                          On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 3:10 PM, CppGuy <cppguy@...> wrote:

                          OK, I'm extra confused, then. The only thing I can think could be a problem is that the page uses and Active-X control for the alphabet bar. But that shouldn't give a 404 error (which is missing page). I know the pages aren't missing, though. I followed the link from the forum message to the pages without issue.

                          Can anyone else get there?

                          I just noticed that your link gives the URL
                          as https://www.zypslabs.com/novial/Novial Lexicon\lexicon\index.htm

                          (note the mix of forward and backward slashes!). When I manually change the backslashes to forward slashes, it works.

                          Now I tried another expriment. I got the 404 error uning Firefox on a library computer. The library computer also has IE on it, and using IE, it works. So the way you have it, with the mix of slashes, works on IE (and probably some other browsers). It does not work on Firefox (and probably some other browsers).  So you need to change the backslashes to forward slashes.

                          --

                                                                                               Bruce R. Gilson
                                                                                               brg1942@...

                        • Kjell Rehnström
                          Message 12 of 15 , May 25, 2013
                            Danke Bruce, kand me ha chanja li \
                            a / me poved atine* li vebloke*.

                            Kjell R
                            Bruce R. Gilson skrev 2013-05-25 21:24:

                            > I just noticed that your link
                            > gives the URL
                          • CppGuy
                            Message 13 of 15 , May 25, 2013
                              OK, didn't realize I had done that. Since it seemed to be ok, I didn't give it another thought. My only frustration with the program that generates the lexicon is that I can't get it to include the Novial definitions themselves. You can see them displayed in the lexicon software and you have the option to include them in the output, but it just won't do it. I'd have to create a target, artificial "translate to Novial" language. But it would produce a weird reverse lookup for the definitions. I sent a question about it to the creators, but it's a free product and they admit they probably won't have time for questions.

                              --- In novial-discussion@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce R. Gilson" <brg1942@...> wrote:

                              > On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 3:10 PM, CppGuy <cppguy@...> wrote:
                              >
                              > > **
                              > >

                              > > OK, I'm extra confused, then. The only thing I can think could be a
                              > > problem is that the page uses and Active-X control for the alphabet bar.
                              > > But that shouldn't give a 404 error (which is missing page). I know the
                              > > pages aren't missing, though. I followed the link from the forum message to
                              > > the pages without issue.
                              > >
                              > > Can anyone else get there?
                              > >

                              > I just noticed that your link gives the URL
                              > as https://www.zypslabs.com/novial/Novial Lexicon\lexicon\index.htm
                              >
                              > (note the mix of forward and backward slashes!). When I manually change the
                              > backslashes to forward slashes, it works.
                              >
                              > Now I tried another expriment. I got the 404 error uning Firefox on a
                              > library computer. The library computer also has IE on it, and using IE, it
                              > works. So the way you have it, with the mix of slashes, works on IE (and
                              > probably some other browsers). It does not work on Firefox (and probably
                              > some other browsers). So you need to change the backslashes to forward
                              > slashes.
                              >
                              > --
                              >
                              > Bruce
                              > R. Gilson
                              >
                              > brg1942@...

                            • Rosto
                              Message 14 of 15 , May 25, 2013
                                Lum es amusivi, gratulationes!
                                Nun li ligamente a ti "The Lexicon" funktiona anke che men Firefox.

                                Rosto

                                --- In novial-discussion@yahoogroups.com, "CppGuy" <cppguy@...> wrote:

                                > https://www.zypslabs.com/novial/

                              • Donald Gasper