Literes

  • CppGuy
    Message 1 of 7 , May 19, 2013
      Message 2 of 7 , May 19, 2013
        CppGuy skrev 2013-05-20 02:47:

        Message 3 of 7 , May 20, 2013

          > To: novial-discussion@yahoogroups.com
          > From: cppguy@...
          > Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 00:47:40 +0000
          > Subject: [novial-discussion] Literes
          >
          > Quum es li nomes del literes?
        • Bruce R. Gilson
          Message 4 of 7 , May 20, 2013
            On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 11:02 AM, James Chandler <idojc@...> wrote:

            Vowels = their sounds
            Consonants add -e

            I thought this was the rule, but couldn't find a reference. do you have one?
            --

                                                                                 Bruce R. Gilson
                                                                                 brg1942@...

          • Kjell Rehnström
            Message 5 of 7 , May 20, 2013
              Hey! Me non ha trova referenses, ma
              me kreda ke Otto Jespersen vud fa
              kelku kom me deskripted e kel James
              ha signala. Bonim.

              Kjell R
              Bruce R. Gilson skrev 2013-05-20 18:05:
              > On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 11:02 AM,
              > James Chandler <idojc@...
              > <mailto:idojc@...>> wrote:
              >
              > Vowels = their sounds
              > Consonants add -e
              >
              > I thought this was the rule, but
              > couldn't find a reference. do you
              > have one?
              > --
              >
              > Bruce R. Gilson
              > brg1942@...
              > <mailto:brg1942@...>

            • CppGuy
              Message 6 of 7 , May 20, 2013
                --- In novial-discussion@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce R. Gilson" <brg1942@...> wrote:

                > On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 11:02 AM, James Chandler <idojc@...> wrote:
                >
                > > **
                > >

                > > Vowels = their sounds
                > > Consonants add -e
                > >

                > I thought this was the rule, but couldn't find a reference. do you have one?
                > --

                I thought for sure I saw a list of letter names when I first took an interest in Novial, but I wasn't able to find one again, so I might have been mistaken.

                Doesn't adding -e create a lot of conflicts? de, ke, le, me, se, ye, te, ve? It strikes me that -um would make more sense. Though, I presume that in speech you'd do as English and say "li literes te e se" and in print "li litere 'K'" or similar. (I said the first out-loud and it's a bit awkward.)
              • Kjell Rehnström
                Message 7 of 7 , May 20, 2013
                  Europani lingues usa maxim ofte li
                  litere +e