Hi!

  • chabi1991
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 3, 2012
      Hi! I'm Chabi and you can find me on Wikipedia in Novial.

      I'd like to know in which variety is written this Wikipedia and where I can find a course of it.

      I'd also like to know if there is any kind of literature in Ido (original and translations) and if there is any translation of the Bible.

      Do you know where I can find Otto Jespersen's extended biography?

      Thanks for your help.
    • James Chandler
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 3, 2012
        > To: novial-discussion@yahoogroups.com
        > From: chabi1991@...
        > Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 08:05:29 +0000
        > Subject: [novial-discussion] Hi!
        >
        > Hi! I'm Chabi and you can find me on Wikipedia in Novial.
        >
        > I'd like to know in which variety is written this Wikipedia and where I can find a course of it.

        It is written in what we refer to as Novial28/30, that is, as defined in AIL:
        http://interlanguages.net/AIL.html
        and Novial Lexike:
        http://www.blahedo.org/novial/nl.html

        > I'd also like to know if there is any kind of literature in Ido (original and translations) and if there is any translation of the Bible.

        What does this have to do with Novial?

        Try here:  http://interlanguages.net/haislund.html

        > Thanks for your help.

        Non dankindi.
      • Bruce R.Gilson
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 3, 2012
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 4, 2012
            I'm sorry, what I would like to write is if there is any literature in Novial.

            And which is the different between Novial 28 and 30?

            (I'm sorry, bt I don't know very much about this language)

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 4, 2012
              --- In novial-discussion@yahoogroups.com, "chabi1991" <chabi1991@...> wrote:
              >[...]
              >
              > And which is the different between Novial 28 and 30?
              >
              > (I'm sorry, bt I don't know very much about this language)

              Novial 28 ("N28") refers to the version described by Otto Jespersen in his 1928 book, "An International Language." The book is reproduced online at

              http://viewsoflanguage.host56.com/novial/AIL/

              and a condensed summary is available at

              http://viewsoflanguage.host56.com/novial/index.html

              if you like. Novial 30 ("N30") refers to the version in Jespersen's dictionary, "Novial Lexike," which differs in a few minor respects from N28.

              A summary can be found at

              http://www.blahedo.org/novial/n30grammar.html

              and a comparison with the N28 summary will reveal the differences. (I'm not sure that there is anywhere a webpage devoted specifically to the differences between N28 and N30, but it might be found on the blaheo.org site.)

              The dictionary part of the Novial Lexike" is reproduced at

              http://viewsoflanguage.host56.com/novial/lexike/index.html

              Some of the parts are also online; for example, the preface, written in Novial, is at

              http://www.blahedo.org/novial/nl/prefase-n.html

              A lot of the time we refer to "N28/30" to include all forms from both versions -- where the two differ, both are considered acceptable.