Re: Online version of NL

  • Hermann
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 5, 2010
      Dear Mr. Gilson,

      Being German myself, I'm willing to look through your reworked Novial dictionary items for the correctness of German entries.
      How would you like me to work?
      I could go through the HTML files and mail to you each completed letter file if that is ok with you.

      Regards,
      Hermann Philipps

      --- In novial-discussion@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce R.Gilson" <brg1942@...> wrote:

      > Phase 1 of my work on the online NL is complete. I think I've removed most of the typos from Don Blaheta's version and hopefully have not introduced new typos myself, but I woult be amazed if nobody finds ANY remaining errors. Please, anyone interested in Novial, have a look at the site at http://viewsoflanguage.host56.com/novial/lexike/ and if you find any remaining errors, notify me.
      >
      > Phase 2 was originally going to be the generation of an expanded version, to eliminate the cryptic form of some of the listings (where OJ felt he could save space). However, I have decided to introduce a phase betweenn the just completed one and this expansion. So phase 2 will be the addition of hyperlinks within the online NL, where the original has cross-references. Where there is an entry with a cross-reference, at the end of phase 2 there will be a hyperlink to that listing. Phases 3 and 4 will be the originally planned phases 2 and 3:
      >
      > 3: Creation of an expanded Novial-English dictionary (without the abbreviated formats of the original). This will make searching easier.
      >
      > 4: Inversion of the dictionary to produce an English-Novial dictionary.
      >
      > These will, however, be slower in coming than the earlier phases.

    • Bruce R. Gilson
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 5, 2010
        On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 11:35 AM, Hermann <hphilipps@...> wrote:

        Dear Mr. Gilson,

        Being German myself, I'm willing to look through your reworked Novial dictionary items for the correctness of German entries.
        How would you like me to work?
        I could go through the HTML files and mail to you each completed letter file if that is ok with you.

        That would be fine.
        --

                                                                            Bruce R. Gilson
                                                                            brg1942@...