New member Intro

  • jbautog@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 10, 2003
      Greetings Fellow Members.
            I just joined the group and thought I should introduce myself.
            I'm the author of 6 books and 2 motion pictures. I won't bore you with
      the details, but if anyone's interested my credits appear on my website:
      www.WhatsWrongWithDorfman.com
            That website address is derived from the title of my latest novel,
      which is called -- you guessed it -- WHAT'S WRONG WITH DORFMAN? It was originally
      self-published in 2000, and later bought by St. Martin's Press which has just
      re-published it. I have since sold them another novel, which will be released
      in August 2004.
            I live in California with my wife and 2 daughters, one of whom will be
      starting college next Fall. I look forward to participating in the group.
            Regards to all,
            John Blumenthal

    • pritis majumdar
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 13, 2003
        Thank you very much for your joining our group. I greet you and your family for your nice and relentless writing novels.
        I wish you every success in future as a best selling book.
        I'm having a very flair of wring on various subjects in English and my mother tongue " Bengali ". I want to write novel in English and wish to get published from your place.In this matter I seek your very cordial assistance. I also want to know the type/category of novel i.e.social, semi-political, historical-based, fiction, romantic , erotic etc. which the readers may like and read exhaustively. However, a Synopsis of my first novel is reproduced for your kind perusal and early comments.

        SYNOPSIS

        The story is basically of an Indian middle class family .But its appeal is very very Universal in respect of characters,temperament, behaviours of the characters and ultimately the solution of problems being faced by all people of the world.

        The main characters are - a young man of 25 and his younger sister of age 19, having their beloved father and mother.Father's name is Ratish, an engineer and MBA. He has seen the victims of worst riots caused due to the partition of India and creation of Pakistan(West of India) and East Pakistan, now Bangladesh(East of India) in 1947 and the intolerable and inhumane state of the people of both Hindus and Muslims .He himself was born in a remote village of Dhaka district of Bangladesh. He has not only witnessed completely shattered economic condition of the refugee mainly Hindus from Bangladesh.He himself was also one of the victims of Political turmoils which manoevred a few leaders personal interests and gain of powers and rising of Marxists who took the full chances to exploit these refugees.He is now a self-built man from scratch to the present executive level officer of government organisation which stands as largest one in the world in respect of manpower and efficient
        activities. He is more than 100% honest, sincere, deligent, intelligent, jovial and very helpful to his peers, neighbours and others. He loves his wife like other normal husbands.He is also very responsible employee.He never accepts any bribe from any suplier and simultaneously he keeps his eys and mouth shut from those peers and subordinate staff who are very habituated in taking bribe.He is very efficient in his working fields and also mentors his staff who are weak in discharging their duties.As a husband, he tries to fulfil his wife's all demands, even at the cost of his comforts to the extent possible.His financial position is normal like other middle-class families.He does not have a car, stays in a rented house.Whatever happens throughout the day- bad or good, he expects a little warm touch of love from his wife while in bed.His physical satisfaction from her is below normal, rather it may be called her as a cold lady.It has been also marked by him that her mental state is
        not normal like other normal woman.This has been understood from her daily activities, behaviours and talks.So, Ratish has been carrying a continuous pain of deprivation from her in all respects. He understands only that he has to maintain peace at home for the sake of their children who are very very innocent to all these parental problems.Ratish has a strong concept that their son and daughter must not be a sufferer in any way due to their daily chaos on various differences between him and his wife.He thus swallows all sorts of bitter audio-visual play of his wife.But for her long silence of sex, Ratish now sometimes thinks how to get a new girl friend who may also be a family friend from whom he may get sex-satisfaction.He is now in search of a such woman.

        His wife's name is Lolita who has come of an effluent family .She has seen how inflow of hard cash reaches to her father who was an employee under department of Customs and Excise of government of India. She is a master degree holder in a classical language- Sanskrit from a reputed University of India.She can not be called a normal wife. She thinks only for herself. Whatever she performs in her own way of life, that must be centred on her personal interest and happiness.Her thinking, command over her children and husband has to be accepted as good one. Otherwise, she starts all sorts of irrelevant talks, abuse, even sometimes beating her children and also husband.She does not care for any body's self-prestige, including herself in event of her hot temperament on any issue, may be of her own family matters or other relatives, particularly her inlaws and own mother, brother and sisters.She thinks that her husband is not as per her standard, particularly in money matters.Her domain
        desire is pinching her inner voice which sometimes bursts into chaos.She builds her only son and a beautiful daughter as her own dream.Nobody can intervene in this matter.She has been suffering from inferior comlexities, for her financial crunch which pushes her to take a challange for building her children's career so that she can at least feel satisfied and proud to her mother,brother and sisters who look upon her with pity for not having capacity to spend lavishly for children education.Due to all these tensions, she became a patient of depression and insomania.One day she compels Ratish to bring whisky , if it can help to get sleep nicely.That was a day when a friend of Ratish named Anant came from USA after a long years.Ratish celebrated with delicious food and scotch whisky. Lolita drank upto her satsfaction and nagged to sleep with the guest friend.Ratish attempted to resist her from this, but no result.In this way, she has been passing her days and nights with new boy
        friends one after another , years after years..Ratish knew everything like a blue film.One day he tried to explain what a gross mistake and unjust thing she had been doing and its ultimate tremendous bad affects upon the children might happen.Lolita became terribly violent and beated Ratish and then their children.
        Is there no way out for Ratish for the welfare of himself and the children?Please wait and see in what way time leads the happenings.

        Twenty five years passed afer their marriage .Both Ratish and Lolita are now living in a same flat, but not in a same bedroom since long years.

        Readers may definitely be interested to know the end of this game of aciting.We have to wait.by this time.Let us know about their children, a son and a daughter.

        Both son and daughter are at New Delhi, capital of India where son is doing a good job as a Mnager after completing his post-graduation in design and town planning from a reputed institution and daughter is still studying in economics at graduate level in an internationally famed university.Name of son is Sam and daughter is Radha.
        Both Sam and Radha feel that their father is more nearer and very friendly than that of their mother. This happened due to harsh attitude of their mother. Of course, their mother does so for betterment of her children as she thinks and confidently announces to evrybody around herself.Very often her rough and tough behaviour creates much confusion what she wants actually.Sometimes they become intolerent to their mother and burst into fire in front of their father and emotionally driven children request father for immediate divorce , if not possible so, at least seperation for the sake of peace at home and their future lives.Particularly, Sam has dangerously warned his mother and told to leave their house.

        This attitude of the children made Ratish to think the intensity of the gravity of their feelings towards their mother
        .
        Ratish has to analyse the whole situation throughout last twenty five years of their childhood,impact of home atmosphere and fast sea changes undergoing around the world.He recapitulates how he treated and faced the stormy weather undergone over the full family due to his wife's exceptonally emotion, unjust and hostile attitude towards other members of the family, featness with senseless mental state which very often occured in the event of any altercation on any issue , suspicious mind upon himself etc.He ultimately accepted his wife as an imbalanced person mentally and physically thereof and tried to see her as a psychiatric patient.. Thus he tried to behave with her like a psychiatric doctor.He recalled many such occasions which compelled him to buy psychology books to study so that proper mental treatment could be carried on her every moment by him to maintain normalcy and peaceful domestic life with two kids.
        In the mean while a few good ladies both married and unmarried appeared in his life and tried to get some sorts of consolation or temporary relief from long depressed, prolonged high pressured and tortured mental condition.

        But ultimately, Ratish did not find any alternate arrangement of his life partner keeping in view of the future state of mental conditions of the children and responsibility as a father towrds them, as they are in no way responsible for this parental problems.Why will they suffer due to two adults' personal interests?They are innocently gifted children of the almighty God. This conscienceness and responsibility towards the kids and also his mentally imbalanced wife , he accepted the great challange to face the actual sequences of life only for the welfare of their children and somewhat extent a soft humanity towards his wife. Where will she go after seperation at this mid-life , who will accept this mental patient? Ratish becomes completely wet with kindness of ocean as a very sincere and dutiful human being of the world.

        Ratish convinced Sam and Radha that she is after all their birth-giver mother who carried them in her womb for long months and gave first light to their beautiful eyes to see the whole universe.

        Ratish felt that Sam and Radha hugged him and whispered " Sorry Daddy".
        **** *** *** *** *** *** *****

        I'm an Indian Bengali.I hav only son of 26 years who is an Architect from Indian Institute of Technology , completed GRE for immigration to USA on some jobs. He is also very good for Multimedia jobs. My wife is an M.A in Sanskrit, who was a teacher for somrtimes and recently she left the job.

        With warm love and best wishes to you and your familymembers,

        yours

        Pritis C Majumdar

        jbautog@... wrote: Greetings Fellow Members.

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 13, 2003
          Hi Pritis.
          Looks like a pretty good story to me. Good luck with it.
          Best,
          JohnB.
          "What's Wrong With Dorfman?"
          In bookstores nationwide

        • pritis majumdar
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 14, 2003
            Hi JB,

            I've read ....Dorfman. Excellent.

            May I get some Publishers' addresses to whom I may like to approach for my writings.

            Yours,

            Pritis

            jbautog@... wrote:Hi Pritis.