Re: An Idea

  • theangelremiel
    Message 1 of 413 , Sep 1, 1999
      Mine's a different kind of fantasy from what
      Modesitt seems to be writing (I read the blurb on the back
      of 'the magic engineers' and I plan to read it as
      soon as I've finished Kim Stanley Robinson's Mars
      trilogy), mine's closer in feel and world to Neil Gaiman,
      especially The Sandman or Neverwhere. The opening seen is
      where a man dreams he is an all-powerful being creating
      a universal conjunction with himself at the centre,
      and then wakes up in a flat in the Docklands area of
      Lonfon in 1988. He gets up, heads for the bathroom,
      andwhen he looks in the mirror, he sees the Assassin's
      face instead of his own. The Assassin punches through
      the mirror, grabs the man, throws him to the floor
      and climbs through into the flat. It's a sort of
      mixing of fantasy and recognisable reality, but very
      dark.
    • razzmatazz5600
      Message 413 of 413 , Mar 1, 2002
        I would like for you to read the novel but it isn't done yet...:) But we could share ideas or something. Drop me a line...razzmatazz5600@...