Re: [novelty_farm] Sore Leg

  • Theresa Wegner
    Message 1 of 20 , Sep 25, 2012
      poor Packy. he must have slammed it, or something. and your right, they are usually
      so tough.

      guess who has a jar of Trader Joe's recalled peanut butter...sigh...too far to drive back,
      cost way to much. guess I'll call them & see what they want me to do. thank goodness I
      like to stock up, so it was not slated for *to be used soon...or now*. and that I didn't use
      it for Sophie for her meds. ugh.

      Theresa
    • Shirley Woods

        Message 3 of 20 , Sep 25, 2012
          Sorry sent that before I was done. Schumi says she understands his pain. We were never sure what happened with her either. I could push all over her leg. She just looked so pathetic hoping around.
          She sees the vet Thursday for her final check. Maybe then she can go down a couple of stairs. Carrying her up and down the front porch is getting old.
          Hope Packy is doing better soon.

          Sent from my iPad

          On Sep 25, 2012, at 3:08 PM, "Theresa Wegner" <novelty@...> wrote:

          poor Packy. he must have slammed it, or something. and your right, they are usually
          so tough.

          guess who has a jar of Trader Joe's recalled peanut butter...sigh...too far to drive back,
          cost way to much. guess I'll call them & see what they want me to do. thank goodness I
          like to stock up, so it was not slated for *to be used soon...or now*. and that I didn't use
          it for Sophie for her meds. ugh.

          Theresa

        • Ken & Jandy Arnold
          Message 4 of 20 , Sep 25, 2012

            I thought about you and Lorie when they were talking about TJ’s stuff being recalled.  I know you both like to go there.

            ~ Jandy

            Message 5 of 20 , Sep 25, 2012

              Yeah, he’s still tripoding around tonight.  I’m thinking it might be in the ankle area, you know, below the knee.  He’s licked there a couple of times; I can tell because of the way his fur looks there.  Kirby keeps coming over to sniff at him.  I asked Kirby if he felt bad for hurting Packy.  Of course, he says’ it’s not his fault.

              Geez, I just went back over my message and I can see that I’m going to really have to edit all those mistakes.  These new meds are making me stupid!

              ~ Jandy

              Message 6 of 20 , Sep 25, 2012
                Oh… Poor Packy!  I hope he feels better in the morning.  I wonder what happened?  Of course, Kirby feels doesn't feel badly… he didn't do anything wrong!  He is simply misunderstood.  He can't be blamed for any physical shortcoming that Packy may have.

                On another note, luckily no Trader Joe's peanut butter.  El doesn't like peanut butter that much!  I am not a huge fan either.  like mother, like daughter.  We do both like french fries : )

                ~L

                Message 7 of 20 , Sep 25, 2012

                  naturally, it's not Kirby's fault. Sophie would back him up, 100%, she knows
                  what it's like to be accused, falsely, of being that female dog word. *B*.
                  besides, the princess says it's raining, and she doesn't want to go out to
                  potty, and get her feet wet. (but, let her think she can't go out, and she'll be
                  out there splashing in puddles. sheesh)

                  poor Packy, hope he wakes up feeling better in the morning. Schumi, too!

                  on the lighter side of things, I am teaching the puppy K class, helping with the
                  basic manners/CGC, & co-teaching the JRs & conformation classes. tonight, I
                  had them to myself. for some reason, I am soo tired. lol beginning handlers,
                  that not only have novice dogs, but can't control them (and the Akita pup is
                  *snarky*, I keep one hand on her muzzle, so she can't nail me, while running
                  my hands over the rest of her body. they don't get her under control, some
                  judge will throw her out of the ring, forever...I think they are afraid of her. ugh)
                  of course, they plan to get a male, show him, and breed...sigh. and the other
                  family, Bouviers, also not the best breeding, but I don't worry about getting
                  bit with them. lol tonight, I am worn out...so is Boromir. he says, how many
                  demos do I have to give, why do I have to give ALL the demos (because, you
                  are the only dog there that does; conformation (or did, till he finished) rally,
                  obedience, etc. and how many down stays do I have to do, for 30 min at a
                  time??  lol

                  Theresa
                • Shirley Woods

                      Message 10 of 20 , Sep 26, 2012

                        Yes, Schumi.  Kirby does pick on Packy; he’s such a bully.  The only time Packy doesn’t take it is at bedtime when he’s tired and crabby.  Then he puts up a fight and can get Kirby down since he’s much bigger and stronger.  Kirby, idiot that he is, still won’t back down even though he’s getting the $#%! Kicked out of him!  Senna, you’re so much like Packy, gentle giants!

                        ~ Jandy

                        Message 11 of 20 , Sep 26, 2012

                           Of course, Kirby feels doesn't feel badly… he didn't do anything wrong!  He is simply misunderstood.  He can't be blamed for any physical shortcoming that Packy may have.

                          That’s good, you truly understand the bully’s mentality!

                          Packy has been walking on his sore leg today, although he’s limping a bit.  I’m so happy it’s improving.  I would have been really worried for him since we’re leaving early tomorrow morning to drive to Denver.  Plus, I would have felt bad for him when we tried to go hiking.  We would have had to put him in our backpack and carry him!  Oh, how unfair if he couldn’t sniff around and splash through the mountain streams searching for salmon!

                          ~ Jandy