Webster.

  • Bob & Theresa Wegner
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2012
      officially, accepted Benjamin, (still has to audition, that, was the least of our worries. lol)
      hopefully, they offer him a lot more after he auditions, I hope to have all that fafsa stuff
      filled out next week, as well. this is work! sheesh. it also took forever for ACT to get
      his scores sent to the schools. he's taking the test again, next week. he's a
      horrible test taker, but, hopefully it comes up, and they offer him more for an
      academic scholarship. we're also going to start hunting for other scholarships &
      grants.

      you guys asked about pups, I do plan on pups this yr, but not RIGHT now. lol I thought
      about breeding Violet, planned to, then thought, auditions. which most are in Feb, but
      some are running into March as it is. Bob does not whelp pups...he also doesn't talk
      well, or ask questions, or anything else, so I'll be taking B to all of the auditions, etc. ugh.

      ok, back to hunting...he's pretty excited, Webster was toward the top of his list of colleges,
      when he started actually applying, and whittled it down more, Webster went to the top...
      then I think it's Millikin, which is waiting for his scores to officially accept him, but we''ve
      been told, it's more formality. (we hope) and SIU-C has sent him audition stuff, orientation,
      housing info, etc. good grief, do we have hoops & paperwork.

      Theresa
    • Monica Shallow
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2012
        Congratulations to Benjamin!! This is great news. We're learning with Dylan how challenging this college search business is. It's like having a part-time job trying to keep up on it all.  Where is Webster?  About the fafsa, do you have to do your taxes before you can fill out fafsa, or do you just estimate??

        Congrats, again! Exciting times....
        Monica

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 2, 2012

          thanks!! Webster is in Webster Groves, just down I-44 from St Louis. they will be working
          with Muny, with the new guy there, now, so more opportunities with Muny. course, he's not
          *in* yet, if I'm figuring tuition correctly, it's about 33,000 a yr. so far, he has $6,500 in
          academic scholarship offer. (maybe more, if his ACT comes up, he is not a good test
          taker, sigh.) plus we don't know yet about the Pell...speaking of, I think you can est
          the fafsa, but I decided to do our taxes first, we have our appt with the cpa tomorrow
          night. because of the farm, plus Bob's retired, so SS & pension, it can get really
          confusing, so I decided, since I pay the guy to do this, and he has hs/college kids,
          too. so he should know. the farm gets tricky, because they figure you can *sell the
          farm* to put the kid thru college...only, it's our HOME...I think if you do taxes first,
          the fafsa can pull them from the gov't to use, electronically. I'm not sure yet if that
          is the best way, or not. I also heard, pay all your bills the day before you fill out
          your fafsa. lol  I have read so much, some of it's running together. with Benjamin
          being homeschooled, I also had to do the high school transcripts, fill out any
          teacher/counselor forms, describe his curriculum, get bios on his teachers.
          (that is dance, vocal, piano/music theory, German, etc) too bad there was only
          1 kid, I have everything figured out. lol now he just has to wow them at auditions,
          to get a bigger scholarship offer.

          Theresa
        • Lorie McDaniel