Hair Goo

  • Ken & Jandy Arnold
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 5, 2011

      I was trying to think of the hair goo groomers use for show dogs, to make it stand up around their heads and the word just wouldn’t come to mind.  I know they use chalk, but what’s the other stuff?

      ~ Jandy

    • Bob & Theresa Wegner
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 5, 2011
        cholesterol is one I use. some brands are better than others. it's a natural product.
        you rub in in your hands, run it down in the hair, working toward the base of their hair.
        then you turn the blow drier on low heat, to *melt* it in. I don't use chalk, heck, with
        some of my coats, I have to be careful on what I use, if anything. Rose, Vinny,
        Violet, now Yasmine, have such hard coats, anything on their coats, makes it
        feel dead. but, because I'm bad about keeping legs & head stripped, it tends
        to get softer, so cholesterol works there. you can find the cholesterol for hair
        in the specialty section in with hair products. another product is Chris Christensen
        dog grooming products. their thick n thicker gel is good...cost a lot more than the
        cholesterol, tho. lol sometimes, at shows, I might use thick n thicker on the head,
        cholesterol on the legs. if I need Rose's coat to lay smooth, I might to just a dab
        of thick n thicker in my hands, touched over her body.

        is this too much info? lol

        Theresa