weather, groups, etc.

  • Bob & Theresa Wegner
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2011
      did you guys (that are on that list) see who's on the home page? I sent it to
      Amy, but I never thought she'd put one up. lol it's the gang of 3 in the snow,
      Xander, Jasmine & Xara, snow covered.

      there's a LOT of stuff on the ground here, and a LOT more coming down, still.
      but, nothing major on our power lines, woohoo! lol

      I was mistaken, we did have a baby born, we have a ewe lamb, that Bob brought
      in to warm up. she was pretty much dry, up and running around with her mom, but
      we might lose the tips of her ears, they were frozen. that sometimes happens this
      time of yr, with newborn calves, kids, even foals. if you catch it fast enough, and warm
      and dry them, it will be ok. we won't know for a few days, if we were in time, or not.
      they are swollen, but that is typical. she's already back out, nursing mom, they are
      in the shelter, out of the wind.

      we're prepared for whatever the weather brings! not going out, till we have too.
      saw pics of Hwy 63, which is a major route thru here, on the local sherrif's FB
      page, it's covered! they already had a major head on south of town this morn,
      on that road. shut it down for a couple hrs. I heard I-44 is shut down somewhere
      close to (or in?) OK.  it's gonna' be a doozy of the next couple days.

      stay warm & dry!!

      Theresa
    • Lorie McDaniel
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2011
        So glad you realized that the lamb was born & you were able to bring it into safety!  Life on a farm certainly can't take a snowday, huh?

        I am off today & tomorrow. The wind has kicked up and I am watching the snow blow off of the roofs.  I am on the 14th floor so it is pretty good view for blizzard watching!  The lake looks eerie... frozen with snow on it.  Don't know how those 14-18ft waves are going to do.  Most of it will happen in the middle of the night, so I may miss a lot.

        I am walking up two blocks to have dinner w some friends & then watch a movie.  Hopefully, I will make it home!  I've never been in a blizzard ( I am usually stuck somewhere else bec/ of blizzards), so this is exciting!  I am just SO HAPPY to be home!  I am loving reading what everyone is posting on FB, too.  Jandy, I think you are the only one I know who isn't having to deal with some bad weather!

        Everyone take care, stay safe, stay warm!

        On Feb 1, 2011, at 1:25 PM, Bob & Theresa Wegner wrote:

[...]

      • shirley woods
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2011

          It is sure nice to stay in and watch the weather.  The law firm actually closed today.  First time since 1983.  We have about 6 inches so far & blowing like crazy.  Schumi & Senna have gone out a couple of times but have to bundle them up because of the snow blowing.  Try to shovel through the drifts so they can get to the yard.  Schumi loves to bury her nose in the snow & run.  Senna plays until his feet get cold & then he just stops & we have to go get him & carry him in.  Have triey the boots & that works pretty good.

          Everyone stay warm & safe.  Shirley

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 1, 2011
            Just heard that I-70 is closed throughout Missouri and that I-44 is closed from Springfield to the western border. Everybody is watching the Weather Channel to see what's going on up there. Looks like St. Louis dodged most of the snow, but we're sure getting hammered at the lake.

            Took the boys to the dog park again this afternoon and Kirby actually ran so much that he almost made himself sick. He drank some water (probably too fast and too much), ran again and then came over to me with a sad look on his face and wanted me to pick him up. I did and he was quiet for a while, then had to go check out what Packy was barking at. After we got back, did he relax and rest? Nope, had to hunt lizards in the bushes for an hour. Now he's chasing shadows on the floor in the RV. At some point he's going to just collapse and be out for the night. I hope…

            Stay safe up there!

            ~ Jandy

            --- In novelty_farm@yahoogroups.com, shirley woods <woodssm@...> wrote:

            > It is sure nice to stay in and watch the weather.  The law firm actually closed
            > today.  First time since 1983.  We have about 6 inches so far & blowing like
            > crazy.  Schumi & Senna have gone out a couple of times but have to bundle them
            > up because of the snow blowing.  Try to shovel through the drifts so they can
            > get to the yard.  Schumi loves to bury her nose in the snow & run.  Senna plays
            > until his feet get cold & then he just stops & we have to go get him & carry him
            > in.  Have triey the boots & that works pretty good.
            >

            > Everyone stay warm & safe.  Shirley

          • colleen deguire
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 1, 2011
              Thanks Jandy

              Baxter is loving the snow.  He took off running last night and slid across the patio.  He turned around to see if we were watching.  Of course we were.  It hasn't slowed him down.  Now he thinks it's fun!