Packy Had a Tummy Ache This Morning

  • Jandy
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1, 2008
      Packy woke me up this morning with a tummy ache. He sat up in bed and
      gave me "the Paw", wanting me to hold him. He had this pathetic look
      on his face and his ears were in that "I don't feel good" position.
      So, we cuddled up for a while and he dozed.

      Got up later and he went outside fine, even did his usual bark when he
      went out to announce himself to the world, but when he came back in he
      huddled down and wouldn't even take a treat from Dad. No interest in
      breakfast and he just wanted to go in his crate and lay down. He
      curled up on my lap while I had my morning tea, with that same pathetic
      look on his face.

      I had a feeling he was just really hungry, so I fixed up some chicken &
      rice and gave it to him. Well, that went down pretty well! We went
      for a short walk and it seems the tummy ache is gone now. Isn't it a
      miracle what chicken & rice can cure! Look out fishies, he's ready to
      go!
    • Lorie McDaniel
      Message 2 of 8 , May 1, 2008
        What a little smarty! I hope Ellie doesn't learn that trick! Boy, do they know how to work us.

        I cracked up when you said Packy barks to annonce himself.... Ellie does that, too! Even if it is 4am.... Little stinker.

        I do hope Packy is okay.

        -Lorie

        Subj: [novelty_farm] Packy Had a Tummy Ache This Morning
        Date: Thu May 1, 2008 10:33 am
        Size: 3K
        To: novelty_farm@yahoogroups.com

[...]

        Messages | Files --- message truncated ---
      • Lorie McDaniel

          Date: Thu May 1, 2008 10:33 am
          Size: 3K
          To: novelty_farm@yahoogroups.com

[...]

        • Bob & Theresa Wegner
          Message 4 of 8 , May 1, 2008
            that is *so* Jake kid's. lol  Issachar, hold me, it's been a bad day.
            Lilli's the same. one time, Lilli acted frantic. we were trying to leave,
            go get Benjamin in Il. she was eating grass, begging to be held, tried
            to eat the carpet. I was so afraid she must be so sick. so I got out her
            collar, she did the happy dance, and put her in the car to ride along.
            she was sound asleep, sprawled in the back seat, in minutes...Bob
            said, she's got your number! lol  before the AR show, Sophie didn't
            eat supper nor breakfast, before we left. turns out, dad was staring
            at her, while she was eating, making her nervous, so we put a divider
            up, when they eat in their crates...for Sophie to not eat, I thought she
            was dying. lol

            Theresa- heading to Purina Farms in a little bit, for a 3 day dog show.
            I will run back to train the kids tomorrow evening, and Bob's bringing
            in rats for me, cause some of us Cairn people are going to run the
            tunnels, probably on Sat after the show. Linda's a member of the MO
            earthdog.
          • colleendeguire@charter.net
            Message 5 of 8 , May 1, 2008
              The bark when they first go outside!!! I know it well. Baxter barks like crazy when we start to take a walk ,I open the garage door and as it is going up he starts barking as if to say "Here I come everyone, get off of my street!"
              It's nice to know that I'm not alone with that

              Thanks guys
              Colleen

              Message 6 of 8 , May 1, 2008
                Too bad we can't come in this weekend and try those rats with you.
                You'd be much easier to accept a fish with the rats than the regular
                folks - LOL! Oh, man -- you should have seen the size of the fish Packy
                pulled in today. It was at least 8" -- we could have kept him and
                fried him up for supper! It flopped off back into the water though,
                which sent Packy into a frenzy trying to find it. I really need to
                start taking the video camera out with me...

                We are still planning to go to Purina Farms the following weekend (May
                10th) for the All Terrier Fun Day. Are you still planning on being
                there? Will Linda be there? She's got Shiner, right? I think she's
                on the Cairn Talk forum through www.cairnterrier.org, too. Anyway,
                we're going to be in St. Louis on Friday/Saturday and will drive out to
                Purina Farms for the Fun Day, then head home after. Looks like they're
                having Agility Trials that day, too, so I think we'll head over there
                to watch after we're done with rats and lures.

                ~ Jandy
              • Bob & Theresa Wegner
                Message 7 of 8 , May 1, 2008
                  plus, he wouldn't have to wait as long, which would help, if he was
                  all phsyched up...

                  out the door, way later then I planned.

                  yes, will be there next week, for a little while, from about 10 to noon, or
                  a bit later, Benjamin has recital at 2 pm back in Rolla...nothing like
                  doubling up....again...lol  he had Drama Force performance tonight,
                  with the National Day of Prayer.

                  Theresa
                • Jenlorie McDaniel
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 1, 2008
                    Well, you are probably gone by now.  I hope you have a good weekend.  We always look forward to your stories about the weekends at the shows.

                    I told them the story at agility tonight about Bor being NQ'd in obedience and I used the "genetic predisposition" as El's excuse... then, she goes onto having her best night ever in agility!  They didn't buy the genetic predisposition theory!

                    I feel good that Packy is "on the mend"... I am still laughing about that one... cooking chicken & rice for that rascal.    Sounds like a nice fish Packy caught today... you have to document these events w/ pics/video!

                    And, Baxter... he is a barker, too????  Likes to let the neighborhood know he is out and about... they are so funny.  I think these Wegner dogs have a strong bloodline!

                    Hope you all have a good weekend... This is a big weekend for me... I am turning 40!!!  Luckily, I have lots of friends to "get me through it"!

                    ~Lorie