Anyone have any experience with Ruby base rules or expert system engines?

  • russell59
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 17, 2005

      Has anyone out there had any experience with Ruby base rules or expert system engines? It seems like Ruby with be a good language for these kinds of applications.

      Two that I have come across are:

       * Mycin: http://www1.cs.columbia.edu/~laza/Software/Mycin/mycin.html: A Ruby implementation of the venerable mycin medical expert system shell.

      * Rein: http://www.spice-of-life.net/rein/rein.html:  a simple rules engine built with Ruby.

      Any others that you have some opinions about?

      Russ Olsen

    • urdost
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 18, 2005
        Folks,

        I was fortunate to attend "Ruby on Rails" talk by Dave Thomas last
        night and that was my first entry into Ruby world. Hope to try it out
        sometime this week.

        If anyone missed last night's presentation @NovaJUG, here are few
        pointers. http://bhamidipaty.blogspot.com

        Cheers,