Speaker for ICCA-GW meeting

  • Charles Calvert
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 27, 2009
      All,

      I'm looking for a speaker who would like to give a talk about Ruby on
      Rails to the local ICCA chapter sometime this year. Here are some details:

      o The audience would be composed of computer consultants, but not all
      will be programmers.

      o We're looking for a high-level overview of both Ruby and Rails. A
      lot of people in IT have heard of them, but not a lot know what either
      is. This might include a quick demo.

      o We meet on the second Tuesday of the month at 6:30 pm. The speaker
      goes on at 8:00 pm and has 45 minutes to an hour.

      o The speaker gets a free dinner. :)

      If you're interested, please respond to me off-line.

      Thanks,

      --
      Charles Calvert
      Celtic Wolf, Inc.

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1, 2009
          Charles,

          I'm not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for, but I could
          do 45 minutes on Ruby alone - what makes it different and why
          it was the ideal platform for Rails - and perhaps your project.

          The only rub is that I am pretty much booked up until early summer -
          say July - I've got a book first draft due at the end of June. So if
          your group is interested, perhaps we could pencil something
          in for later in the year.

          Regards,

          Russ

          --
          Russ Olsen
          http://www.russolsen.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 1, 2009
            Charles,

            I would be wiling to do thisl I did a similar talk 2 years ago for
            the Linux user group, and present regularly on topics related to Ruby
            and Rails. Paired with Russ talking about Ruby, this would be a
            pretty good show (IMHO).

            -db