THOUGHT FOR THE DAY - MAY 1

  • David Rietz
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2001
      This is the sixteenth of seventeen columns containing
      NOTMILK references that I put together before leaving for my
      European tour. You will be able to access this series plus
      500 additional archived columns at:

      Please share these references with your milk drinking
      friends and relatives. Let them discover the real science!

      "Preference for a diet high in animal fat could be a
      pathogenic factor, and milk and high fat dairy products
      contribute considerably to dietary fat intake."

      J. Am Coll Nutr, 2000 Apr, 19:2 Suppl.

      "About 20% of babies suffer from colic, or abdominal
      cramping and gas. Milk proteins may be one of the leading
      causes of this digestive disorder."

      Pediatrics, 1991; 87 (4):4

      "Lactose malabsorption and lactase deficiency are chronic
      organic pathologic conditions characterized by abdominal
      pain and distention, flatulence, and the passage of loose,
      watery stools. Once correct diagnosis is established,
      introduction of a lactose-free dietary regime relieves
      symptoms in most patients...who remain largely unaware of
      the relationship between food intake and symptoms."

      J Clin Gastroenterol, 1999 Apr, 28:3

      "In the case of the eight year old female subject, juvenile
      rheumatoid arthritis was a milk allergy. After avoiding
      dairy products, all pain was gone in three weeks."

      Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine, 1985, 78

      "Breast cancer rates are lower in populations that consume
      plant based diets."

      American Cancer Society Cancer Facts and Figures, 1994