Chocolate Heaven

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2014

      "Your hand and your mouth agreed many years
      ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned,
      there is no need to involve your brain."
      - Dave Barry

      "What kind of monster could possibly hate chocolate?"
      - Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel

      "Chocolate says 'I'm sorry' so much better than words."
      - Rachel Vincent, My Soul to Save

      *     *     *     *

      July Fourth weekend brought heat to New York that
      could melt M&M's in one's hands. It also offered three
      days of much-needed rest away from our normal daily
      work routines. On Sunday morning, I watched a 46
      minute documentary that was impossible to turn off.
      It just kept getting better and better. One shock
      led to another and then another until extreme sadness
      morphed into anger.

      Documentary: The Dark Side of Chocolate

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vfbv6hNeng

      For most of us, chocolate represents heaven.
      For tens of thousands of kidnapped children
      working as slaves on Ivory Coast cacao plantations,
      chocolate represents hell.

      There is a dirty secret which chocolate makers
      conspire to keep from ethical consumers who demand
      morality. Those who know the truth about the great
      majority of America's chocolate industry seek
      fair-trade alternatives. Forty-two percent of
      America's chocolate industry relies upon cacao
      beans grown and harvested in a nation which uses
      slave labor. The slaves are little boys and girls.

      Nestles knows. Hershey knows. Mars knows.
      America's dairy industry chocolate milk makers know.

      At the time Notmilk began writing a series of columns
      in 2001 and 2002 exposing the outrageous support of
      child slavery on African cacao plantations, chocolate
      industry manufacturers signed a pledge to end that
      slavery by 2005. When that did not happen, they extended
      their promise to 2008. It is now six years after that
      disappointing lie. In 2014, can we rely upon our
      own consciences to hold the bastards accountable?

      Now for chocolate Heaven.

      "Controlling the product starts with the hand-selection
      of the cacao bean, purchased directly from Peruvian growers."
      -  Julie McLean, CEO/Founder Sibu Sura Chocolate Company

      Julie McLean is an entrepreneur with one dream:

      To manufacture the purest most-delicious chocolate treats
      on the planet. Most of her products are vegan, and from
      what I have experienced, she has fulfilled her goal
      while satisfying our sweet teeth. The name Sibu Sura
      comes from a charming Peruvian myth:

      http://sibusura.com/about-us/our-name/

      Her challenge was to outclass European chocolates by
      using the richest organically grown cacao beans which
      she hand selects during frequent trips to a special grower
      in the jungles of Peru. Her chocolates have surpassed
      European sourced couverture (richness of beans) which
      come from slave labor in Africa. Check out her goodies:

      http://www.SibuSura.com

      I have tasted Sibu Sura vegan chocolates, and can
      sincerely tell you that there is only one difference
      between these epicurean delights, and heaven. The
      soul (sole) difference is that heaven is a one-way
      trip with no return ticket. Once you eat Sibu Sura,
      you soon come back to earth, but unlike heaven, you
      can go to Sibu Sura land as often as you wish. It's
      a nice place to visit...

      You can buy Sibu Sura chocolates direct:

      http://www.SibuSura.com

      Tel: 877-642-7872

      Sibu Sura chocolates are trade-friendly, and unlike
      most chocolates sold in America, do not rely upon
      kidnapped children living in slavery on African
      cacao bean plantations.

      *     *     *     *

      "Hershey Foods strongly condemns abusive child
      labor practices on cocoa farms and is addressing
      this serious problem."
      - Hershey's 2001 statement

      "The industry alone can't fix this. We're
      dealing with a sovereign government."
      - Lawrence T. Graham, president of the
      Chocolate Manufacturers Association, 2001

      "We will never knowingly purchase chocolate from
      any nation in which children are kidnapped and live
      in slavery. Ever. That would be unconscionable."
      - Steve Demos, SILK (Demos then sold SILK to the
      largest dairy industry processor in America and you have
      probably correctly guessed that the cacao beans used to
      manufacture vegan SILK chocolate milk come from the Ivory
      Coast and do not come from Peru like Fair Trade Sibu Sura
      chocolates!)

      ***Copy & Post Column to Facebook & Other Social Networking Sites***
      https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/NotMilk/conversations/messages/5065