It Happens Every Spring

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2014

      "Most formula fed infants developed symptoms of ALLERGIC
      rejection to cow milk proteins before one month of age.
      About 50-70% experienced rashes or other skin symptoms,
      50-60 percent gastrointestinal symptoms, and 20-30
      percent respiratory symptoms. The recommended therapy
      is to avoid cow's milk."
      - Journal of Pediatric Allergy and Immunology, 1994

      *     *     *     *

      Pitchers and catchers have reported to just about
      every major league baseball team's training spring
      training site. Next week, all position players (with
      the exception of a man nicknamed A-Roid) will show up.
      Red-breasted robins will re-visit old neighborhoods,
      So too will chirping nest-building sparrows. Purple
      croci (crocuses) will bloom, and bullfrogs will
      awaken from their muddy hibernations and croak to
      recrudescing waterfowl. Late Spring will cause humans
      to sneeze.

      Unless you live inside of an environmentally
      sterile air-filtered plastic bubble, you'll soon
      be breathing air filled with tree pollens and
      grass pollens.

      For me, the simple sound of a lawn mower
      breaking the silence of a Sunday morning
      once set me to sneezing.

      Like swallows returning to Capistrano, my
      annual suffering from wheezing and sniffles
      would begin in Spring and last until June 1st.

      THE CURE

      After discontinuing ALL milk and dairy products,
      the allergies were gone. There would be an occasional
      tickle in the nose, and when pollen counts are high
      there is an occasional sneeze, but wonder of wonders,
      I now sleep through the night without medication.

      No longer do I need Actifed-C with codeine.
      No more antihistamines. No more nose spray.

      Milk and cheese. They made the difference.

      If only my allergist had told me about this
      publication thirty years ago:

      "Dairy products may play a major role in the
      development of allergies, asthma, sleep
      difficulties, and migraine headaches."
      - Israel Journal of Medical Sciences 1983;
      19(9):806-809

      Nineteen years ago, I read a blockbuster article in
      the Townsend Medical Letter. I remember the moment
      well. That was the last time I ever ate ice cream:

      "In reality, cow's milk, especially processed
      cow's milk, has been linked to a variety of
      health problems, including: mucous production
      ...and allergies."
      - Townsend Medical Letter, May, 1995

      I paid thousands of dollars to various allergists,
      receiving treatment which did not work. Why did not
      any of them alert me to the following:

      "At least 50% of all children in the United
      States are allergic to cow's milk, many
      undiagnosed. Dairy products are the leading
      cause of food allergy...Many cases of asthma
      and sinus infections are reported to be
      relieved and even eliminated by cutting out dairy."
      - Natural Health, July, 1994, Nathaniel Mead, MD

      There is a simple cure.
      Enjoy a dairy-free, allergy-free spring!

      "A new study found that a mother's diet affects her baby's
      allergies. Which can only mean one thing: My mom ate cats."
      - Jimmy Fallon