Drunk Women: Higher or Lower Breast Cancer Rates?

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 10, 2014

      "It was my Uncle George who discovered that alcohol
      was a food well in advance of modern medical thought."
      - P. G. Wodehouse

      *     *     *     *

      The February, 2014 issue of the Australia and New Zealand Journal
      of Public Health contains a study in which the authors ask:

      "Are people aware that alcohol causes cancer?"

      Even a red-necked wallaby does not attempt such a astonishing
      leaps. Alcohol causes cancer? That's news to me. Down under
      researchers asked that question to 2,700 Australian women
      over the age of 18 and reported:

      "...Only 36.6% saw alcohol as an important risk factor
      for cancer...The majority of the population did not see an
      important link between alcohol and cancer...A strategy to
      raise awareness of the link between alcohol and cancer
      is warranted."

      This absurd conclusion of New Zealand and Australian
      scientists is unsupported by research data, yet, their
      kanga-ruse continues as they continue to waste research
      dollars attempting to prove their ridiculous conclusion.

      A study in the February, 2005 issue of the American Journal
      of Clinical Nutrition suggested that alcohol consumption
      can lower the incidence of breast cancer. Scientists reported:

      "Increased circulating insulin-like growth factor-I
      (IGF-I) concentrations, frequently adjusted for IGF
      binding protein 3 (IGFBP-3), have been associated with
      increased risk of several types of cancer, including colon,
      prostate, and breast."

      It has been well established that IGF-I has been identified
      as a key factor in the growth of every breast cancer and
      that women who drink milk have elevated levels of IGF-I.

      See:

      http://www.notmilk.com/b.html

      Researchers at the National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD
      (Lavigne, et. al.), divided 53 post-menopausal women into three
      groups and gave them various amounts of alcohol to drink.

      Their incredible written conclusion:

      "To our knowledge, this is the first published controlled
      diet study to find that in postmenopausal women, when
      weight is kept constant, alcohol consumption reduces the
      amount of serum IGF-I potentially available for receptor
      binding."

      My suggestion is to skip the milk and continue to reduce
      levels of IGF-I. Your body will thank you, but if you crave
      that dairy taste, limit your consumption to one after-dinner
      Sombrero (Kahlua & non-dairy Creamer) or White Russian (Kahlua,
      vodka, non-dairy creamer). Rich's non-dairy creamer (found in
      the dairy section of most supermarkets) is a fine substitute.

      So, is alcohol recommended as medicine? When compared to
      toxins such as chemotherapy and radiation, alcohol may
      not be society's great venom, as it can actually be healing.
      Get out those shot glasses - an ounce of protection...

      "Snakes are sometimes perceived as evil, but they are also
      perceived as medicine. If you look at an ambulance, there's
      the two snakes on the side of the ambulance. The caduceus,
      or the staff of Hermes, there's the two snakes going up it,
      which means that the venom can also be healing."
      - Nicolas Cage