Obesity Epidemic - Something New!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 17, 2014

      "Debate is so much better than denial."
      - Julie Walters

      *     *     *     *

      If your name is Lance Armstrong or Alex Rodriguez,
      you took performance-enhancing protein growth
      hormones and then worked out in the gym or outdoors
      on your bicycle for five or more hours each day.

      Due to your magnificent work ethic, you grew muscles
      upon muscles and became powerful. You had six-pack
      abs and were men of steel.

      Hypocritical sports fans boo baseball players
      and cyclists while turning the other way to cheer
      NFL hormone monsters who grow upper arms the
      size of tree trunks, enabled by performance
      enhancing drugs. The National Football League
      will never adopt a drug position as tough
      as other sports, because "everybody does it"
      and "everybody knows it".

      What most people do not know is that everybody
      eating pizza and drinking chocolate milk does
      it too, unaware of the naturally occurring
      bovine growth hormones.

      If your name is Lance Smith or Alex Jones, forty
      percent of what you eat (as the average American)
      consists of milk and concentrated dairy products.
      You consume the identical growth hormones that
      some athletes have been suspended for.

      You do not have the same work ethic as Armstrong
      or A-Rod. Instead, you have the couch ethic.
      You do not go to the gym. You surf the Internet.
      You play electronic games. You text, therefore
      you are obese.

      Your body has grown in different ways than those
      professional athletes who introduce performance-
      enhancing drugs to their bodies.

      Those protein hormones work. IGF-I is the most
      powerful of those growth accelerators. IGF-I is
      identical between the cow and the human.

      Work out in the gym and grow strong.
      Work out on the couch and grow flabby if
      you eat ice cream and cheese and Greek yogurt.

      There is no obesity debate. There is only
      obesity denial.

      "I think the greatest illusion we have is that denial
      protects us. It's actually the biggest distortion and
      lie. In fact, staying asleep is what's killing us."
      - Eve Ensler