-LUCY'S IN THE SKY WITH DIAMONDS

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 24, 2001
      Dear Friends,

      Animal scientist Matt Lucy is seeing green, and it's not grass
      that he's dreaming about.

      In the year 2000, the average dairy cow in America produced
      24.5 quarts of milk per day. Lucy's magic elixir may one day
      result in a new breed of cow able to produce more than one
      hundred quarts of milk per day.

      One hundred years ago, the average cow produced just one
      quart of milk daily. In 1960, the average cow produced 8
      quarts of milk per day. Imagine 100 quarts per animal.
      Different animals, different milk. GOT HORMONES?
      The new cows will be supercharged by transgenic technology,
      and the new milk will contain higher amounts of steroid and
      protein hormones.

      Here's the story:

      http://www.directag.com/directag/news/article.jhtml?article_id=1000608

      One would assume that Professor Lucy and the University of
      Missouri dairy department are aware of the powerful growth
      potential of a dairy cow's most powerful hormone, insulin-like
      growth factor-I (IGF-I). They must also know that IGF-I has
      been identified as a key factor in the growth of every human cancer.
      Lucy will stimulate his cows into manufacturing increased amounts
      of IGF-I from within. The milk will contain increased amounts
      if IGF-I and progesterone.

      Lucy's work has taught me something of which I was previously
      not aware. Another piece of the puzzle as to why little girls mature
      into big girls a lot earlier than their moms and grandmothers did.
      Sugar, spice, everything nice, IGF-I, estrogen, and progesterone.

      According to Lucy, IGF-I seems to encourage the growth of cells that
      produce progesterone. Since IGF-I is identical in cows and humans
      (Juskevich and Guyer, Science, August 24, 1990), and milk drinkers
      have a ten percent increase in levels of IGF-I in their blood serum
      (Heaney, JADA, October, 1999), should one be concerned for
      little girls and boys who drink the milk and eat the cheese?

      In 1980, the average American ate ten pounds of cheese. Ten pounds
      of milk are required to make one pound of hard cheese. Today, the
      average American is eating thirty pounds of cheese. Thanks to dairy
      marketing, that number will increase, and the next generation of
      little girls will consume more cheese with more concentrated hormones.

      Poor mother cow. She was once milked just one time each day.
      Today it's three times, and her udders are stressed. She has
      irritations within those stressed udders, called mastitis. Her milk
      contains more blood, pus, and bacteria. Slaughterhouse workers
      can identify a supercharged cow, one who has been treated
      with genetically engineered hormones. These animals produce
      so much milk that they deplete their own bones from within to feed
      an imaginary child. Your child. Slaughterhouse workers can break
      cows brittle pelvic bones with their own hands. Imagine the strain and
      stress these animals experience during life. Imagine the future
      pain when they are made to produce four times as much milk.

      Dr. Lucy does not consider the pain. He does not consider the
      human cancers. Lucy sits in a boat on a river, a man with
      Kaleidoscope eyes.