-DELICIOUS TREATS

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 15, 2001
      Dear Friends,

      Last evening, I "invented" a wonderful taste treat!
      For those of you who have soymilk machines,
      add 1/2 cup of soybeans to your machine with
      1/4 cup of coffee beans (I used decaff). Twenty
      minutes later, you'll have hot soy/coffee.
      I call it: soycaffeino...it's wonderful.

      I did a little taste test. One quart remained just
      soy/coffee. To the second quart, I added
      two tablespoons of organic vegan chocolate
      powder, and voila, mochasoycaffeino!
      (Say that five times fast!)

      CHOCOLATE MILK SUBSTITUTE

      Just add chocolate powder to soy milk with
      a bit of sweetener (I prefer maple syrup).
      At a nickel a quart, it beats the commercial
      brands. If you don't have a machine, here's
      my favorite soy alternative: SILK.

      AMAZING TASTE TEST RESULT

      Independent taste tests conducted by Good
      Housekeeping Magazine offered consumers
      blind tasting of both chocolate-flavored SILK brand
      soy milk and Hershey's chocolate milk. Everybody
      who tasted preferred the chocolate Silk, according
      to Vicky Melen (612-375-8541).

      BETTER (MORE HEALING) THAN CHICKEN SOUP

      This morning, one of my daughters stayed home from
      school. One of those 24 hour bugs. She felt like
      having a cup of soup, so I tried this experiment:

      Instead of soybeans, I added a cup of dried white
      beans to my soy milk machine with about a cup of
      chopped veggies that included celery, carrot,
      parsley, garlic, and onion. Thirty minutes later
      we enjoyed delicious navy bean soup. You cannot
      beat the taste, and you cannot beat the price.