-UGLY ULSTER UDDERS

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12, 2001
      Dear Friends,

      I enjoyed listening to Howard Lyman on
      Coast-To-Coast radio early this morning.
      I battled sleep, but the show was way too
      interesting to turn off.

      When asked whether Mad Cow Disease could
      be transferred from cows to humans in milk,
      Lyman responded:

      "I grew up on the largest dairy farm in the state
      of Montana. Every dairy farmer knows that
      there is a trace of blood in milk. Mad cow
      disease is transferred in blood."

      Makes sense to me. Try and give blood. A
      standard question asked on the form is whether
      or not you lived in England. If you answer yes,
      they will not accept your body fluids. We may
      be exposed to Mad Cow-infected body fluids
      in milk and dairy products.

      The Food and Drug Administration allows no more
      than 750 million somatic cells in one liter of American
      milk. Somatic cells are dead white and red blood
      cells. Somatic cells are pus. It may sound delicious
      to some, but consider this. The infectious particle
      (PRION) responsible for causing Mad Cow Disease
      was not destroyed in laboratory tests after being
      exposed to 1000 degree Fahrenheit heat treatment.

      WHEN IRISH EYES ARE NOT SMILING

      A new mass screening mad cow test in Ireland
      has revealed some shocking news. Irish cattle
      are infected at a higher rate than has been
      previously imagined.

      Of 2,500 animals tested, 54 were found to have
      Mad Cow Disease. That's 2%, or one out of fifty.
      Let's put that into perspective. If you lived in Ireland
      and ate meat once each week, the odds are that you
      would have eaten infected meat. It's a gamble.

      Would you get Cruetzfeld-Jacob disease, the human
      variant of Mad Cow Disease? This brain wasting
      disease takes between ten and forty years to develop.
      During that period, your brain slowly turns into
      a sponge like mass.

      The government regulator charged with overseeing
      Ireland's meat industry, Brid Rogers, said that this
      new discovery should not give rise to new consumer
      concerns.

      Yeah, right?

      Art Bell is back. Ian Punnet is his weekend host. Let
      Art know that he should host a NOTMILK/MADCOW
      show on his regular Monday-Friday program. Let Art
      know that Howard and I have done many shows
      together, and we'd do a classic show on this subject.

      Art's EMAIL: artbell@...
      artbell@...
      Art's FAX: (775) 727-8499