PETA Adopts Kittens & Puppies in Order to Kill Them

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2012
      PETA Adopts Kittens & Puppies in Order to Kill Them

      "God is Dead."
      - Nietzsche, 1893 ('Thus Spoke Zarathustra')

      "Nietzsche is Dead."
      - God, August 25, 1900

      "The Animal Rights Movement is Dead."
      - Robert Cohen, March 1, 2012

      Consider the name: (PETA) The People for the
      Ethical Treatment of Animals...

      Since 1988, PETA has adopted over 27,000 animals
      from animal shelters and has euthanized them.
      PETA enjoys nearly $40 million per year in donations
      from people who believe in their acronym and
      original purpose.

      When King Kong lay bleeding on the streets
      of New York, having been shot off the Empire
      State building by 1933 fighter pilots, one
      of the most famous lines in all of moviedom
      was used to describe the tragic love story
      between an 80-foot ape and actress Fay Wray:

      "It was beauty killed the beast."

      Many years from now, some future anthropologist writing
      a doctoral dissertation will discover the identical reason
      for the death of the animal rights (AR) movement:

      Beauty (compassionate animal slaughter) killed
      the beast (the AR movement).

      Many activists describe themselves as animal rights
      supporters. How they continue to promote compassionate
      animal slaughter is beyond my understanding.

      In her best-selling "Ministry of Healing," Ellen
      G. White wrote:

      "What man with a human heart, who has ever cared for
      domestic animals, could look into their eyes, so full
      of confidence and affection, and willingly give them
      over to the butcher's knife? How could he devour their
      flesh as a sweet morsel?"

      Throughout history, as long as laws were passed to make
      human slavery more compassionate, the horror of slavery
      continued. Anti-slavery advocates danced and celebrated
      passage of such laws, which were celebrated by liberals
      and free thinkers, but not by the slaves. To be enslaved
      is to know and not accept any form of injustice. Similar
      laws are being passed today to make animal suffering more
      tolerable on factory farms. The promotion of animal
      slaughter in any form worsens the betrayal to animals.
      Compassionate slaughter laws act merely to deceive human
      meat eaters.

      Many animal rights advocates raise money to lobby Congress
      to enact laws making slaughter more compassionate, as if
      there can ever be justice by sanitizing murder.

      This summer thousands of animal rights activists will meet
      at dozens of conferences to support each other and a movement
      that in reality, no longer exists. They have lost sight of
      the fact that the real animal rights movement has died.

      Compassionate slaughter does not save animals.
      Compassionate slaughter relieves the consciences of
      those people who eat animals. Why is it that per capita
      chicken and beef consumption continue to increase?

      There was a time when animal rights supporters believed
      that animals deserved ethical treatment from people.
      The promotion of compassionate slaughter laws has ended
      the real animal rights movement.

      Meat eaters have been relieved of any guilt of animal
      suffering. They donate to animal rights groups who claim
      victory each time the floor space of a chicken's
      cage is increased by three or four square inches. It
      feels good to believe that doomed animals have no pain.
      They who should feel guilt now consume more chicken,
      guilt-free. More animals will die, and they do not do so
      compassionately. Compassionate slaughter has became the
      new ethic of the animal rights movement.

      Sixty years ago, a string quartet performed Paganini and
      Mozart while doomed Jews marched neatly in line to their
      final solution in Treblinka's efficient human slaughterhouse.
      For these victims, slaughter was made more compassionate by
      adding gentle classical music to their death march. There
      are still some who suppose that there is no more deviant
      a notion than the abstraction dubbed "compassionate
      slaughter." These eccentrics have become the outcasts of
      the animal rights movement.

      The Humane Slaughter Act was passed so that farm animals
      would be "humanely killed" by compassionate killers with
      sharp knives, rather then by sadistic fiends taking
      pleasure in causing pain to defenseless creatures.

      Oh well, little seems to have changed regarding man's
      inhumanity to his fellow earthlings.

      "Fallaces sunt rerum species."
      (The appearance of things are deceptive.)
      Seneca (c4 B.C.-A.D.65)

      There is always a home for a cute pure bred dog.
      The mixed breeds will die. The sheltered pit bulls
      will be euthanized. The unloved strays will wag their
      tails and bark greetings of welcome to shelter visitors.
      Visit your local animal shelter today, and walk down
      the aisles as I recently did, saying hello and goodbye
      to living spirits seeking love. To animals who will
      forever be orphans, until death do they part from the
      cruelty of their existence.

      The rats from animal experiments, when no longer needed,
      are thrown together into a bucket and doused with ether, or
      injected with sodium pentabarbitol, en masse, to die huddled
      together, body to body, in their final resting place.

      The baby male chicks are given no painkillers before the
      life is crushed out of them in efficient killing machines.

      The furs that humans wear are skin peeled from once-feeling
      animals who have been anally electrocuted so that skin
      remains unscarred.

      The horses that lose race after race get no pills to calm
      them before being stunned more than once, for one blow rarely
      brings them to their knees, before being hoisted by chains
      so that a man's knife can end memories of racing around
      oval tracks to cheering humans.

      The chickens and turkeys, one by one, throats slit, hung
      upside down to squawk their dying words in gurgling blood
      tones.

      The elephants prodded with sharp-hooked tools, made to stand
      awkwardly on small stools while children applaud with glee.
      The castrated dancing bears bring delight to naive circus
      patrons who have no awareness of their pain, before and
      after the performance.

      The rodeo calves and animals who run in terror as
      galloping cowboys lasso ropes around their necks
      and then bind their legs, giving confused animals
      the opportunity to ask why.

      There is no rescue. There is no real sanctuary. There
      are just illusions. There is only truth.

      A few years ago, I listened to Ingrid Newkirk of PETA
      deliver the most passionate and well-informed talk I
      had ever heard. Nearly one thousand people rose to
      their feet for a long and powerful ovation after she
      had finished. I had the very interesting perspective of
      sitting right next to Dan Murphy, who is the editor of a
      pro-meat magazine. I love to play poker. I'm a good card
      player because I watch people carefully, and over the course
      of an evening's play, I watch tells, I watch faces, I
      watch eyes, I watch fingers, I watch tapping on the table,
      and blinking, and by the end of that evening, I know with
      pretty good certainty the strength of my opponent's hands.

      I observed this man very carefully during Newkirk's talk.
      When he applauded, his two friends applauded. He was the
      leader of the group. When he smiled, they smiled.

      But what disturbed me was this man gave her a standing
      ovation too, along with the AR activists. He stood and
      applauded with enthusiasm. It was then and there that
      I understood why. Americans are eating more meat as a
      result of our impotent efforts.

      Compassionate slaughter? I reject the concept of compassionate
      slaughter. I hate the oxymoronic compassionate slaughter laws.
      If the animals could talk, they would be able to tell you why
      they reject such laws too. If they were the judges at the trials
      of Nuremberg, we who pathetically fail to change things and make
      them worse would be on trial for crimes against these innocent
      farmed creatures.

      I want all people to see death. I want people to see
      un-compassionate slaughter. I want them to see what it's
      really like. That's our responsibility. Our responsibility
      is to accept our failures. More people are eating meat, and
      what we're doing isn't working. These animals are dying,
      partially, because of our misdirected efforts. We've got to
      reject all animal slaughter, even compassionate animal
      slaughter, making the effort to insist that no animal
      deserves to die.

      Philosophers sometimes lack a touch of the practical.
      Animal rights philosophers rarely follow the evolution
      of the animal rights movement to its logical conclusion.
      We cannot provide sanctuary for every farm animal.
      Despite the wonderful feel-good work of the good people
      who run sanctuaries and solicit millions in funding, these
      rescued animals should not have been born to this earth.
      The logical conclusion of our so-called animal rights
      movement is that these sentient creatures should never
      be born to suffer.

      The creatures living out their lives at sanctuaries
      are mere ambassadors representing ten billion other
      animals who will die this year to feed Americans.
      Twenty-seven million animals each day having their
      throats cut. During the time that it will take you
      to read this paragraph, over fifteen thousand animals
      will die. Read the preceding sentence aloud. Fifteen
      hundred chickens have had their throats slashed,
      and lay flapping atop each other, choking on their
      own blood. Should not every American have the
      opportunity to view that same horrible carnage that
      we know all to well, over and over again? Does it
      really matter that each chicken spends her life in
      a confinement cage containing 3 additional square inches?

      Save these animals? For what, one might ask? Farm turkeys
      and pigs can no longer copulate. Males are too large to
      mount females. Farm "units" have been bred for high protein
      yield and low bone density. They live lives of pain because
      their skeletons cannot adequately support their own weight.
      The compassionate among us would recognize that ending their
      pain is the ultimate conclusion for all who truly care
      about suffering. These artificial creatures should never
      have been engineered nor born.

      Today, the animal rights movement is misdirected. We delude
      ourselves by promoting compassionate slaughter. We make it
      easy for these animals to live their lives to their own painful
      and tortured conclusions. We make it easy for meat consumers
      to veil their collective consciousness. Have you taken note
      of the fact that meat eating is increasing? Our misguided
      efforts are partially responsible.

      We in the movement have made the journey of transition more
      challenging for meat eaters. We have arrived where we now are,
      vegans all, by recognizing the horror of slaughter. Groups like
      the People for Ethical Treatment of Animals, Humane Society,
      and Farm Sanctuary lobby Congress to change laws making it
      easier for animals to die. Their laws make it easier for
      farmed freaks to live longer lives of pain, with the same
      ultimate conclusion. Their laws relieve the consciences of
      carnivores.

      We on this side of the fence should make it our priority
      to show the meat-eating public exactly what slaughterhouses
      produce. The blood. The eyes showing fear, and then pain.

      Our strategy to relieve suffering relieves a universal
      conscience. The same strategy that brought us to understand
      death through violence should be intensified, not lessened.
      If all animals must die, then all animal eaters must take
      responsibility for their own participation in the slaughter.
      Our current strategy is to deny them their path to truth.
      In doing so, we provide a rationale for increased meat
      consumption. If the animals do not suffer, meat eaters
      reason, then there is no reason not to eat them.

      Last year (2011), PETA adopted 1,911 dogs and cats; puppies
      and kittens from animal shelters.

      Last year (2011), PETA placed 34 of those animals into
      loving homes where they became companion animals.

      Last year (2011), the 1,877 animals that were not adopted
      were euthanized by PETA employees.

      Might you have enjoyed better percentage had you been
      given a small portion of PETA's $40 million budget?