Is Missouri Congressman Billy Long Shitting Me?

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2011
      Is Missouri Congressman Billy Long Shitting Me?

      "I've been accused of vulgarity. I say that's bullshit."
      - Mel Brooks

      Forgive my foul language, but you're gonna get kicked
      real soon in the gut (or lower), particularly if Missouri
      Congressman Billy Long gets his bullshit bill through

      Particularly if you live downstream of a dairy farm...

      On September 21st, 2011, knucklehead Long introduced
      the 'Superfund Common Sense Act' which is also known
      as H.R. 2997. The bill intends to sidetrack the
      Environmental Protection Agency's regulations
      regarding cow manure spills into clean waterways.

      On the same day that the bill was introduced, fourteen
      other knuckleheads added their co-sponsorship of
      Long's proposed legislation.

      If the bill passes, dairy farmers will no longer be liable
      for dead fish in dead streams caused by defecating cows.

      Holy crap!

      "There's gonna be some stuff you gonna see thats gonna make
      it hard to smile in the future, but through whatever you see,
      through all the rain and the pain you gotta keep your sense
      of humor. you gotta be able to smile through all this bullshit...
      remember that."
      - Tupac Shakur

      The 14 co-sponsors of Congressman Long's bill are:

      Michael Simpson

      Andy Harris

      Bill Huizenga

      Collin Peterson

      Todd Akin
      Jo Ann Emerson
      Vicky Hartzler
      Blain Luetkemeyer

      Adrian Smith
      Lee Terry

      Stevan Pearce

      Frank Lucas

      Glenn Thompson

      John Carter

      Would you like a little bit more cow poop, or a lot more
      irony? Last Wednesday, the day before this bill was
      introduced to congress, a 1300-cow Wisconsin dairy was fined
      $55,000 for a 100,000 gallon manure spill that occurred
      in 2009. That spill destroyed the fish and ecosystem of
      a 13 mile stretch of Wisconsin's Kewaunee River. If and when
      this bill becomes law, there will be no future liability
      for mega feces spills caused by dairy farmers.