Not-so Hip Hopeless Hypesters

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2 3:20 AM
      Not-so Hip Hopeless Hypesters

      Hi. Robert here, checking in from my gym where there always
      seems to be electricity and Internet access, unlike my NJ
      home after hurricanes.

      We are in what the utility company calls "rolling service"
      times which means that more often than not, I am in the dark.

      I assume that by next Monday, things will be back to normal.

      Bless the people who flooded the Internet with opinion pieces of
      how hurricane Ilene was hyped. Bless the families of those 45
      lives which were lost to the storm. Bless the families and
      business owners who suffered a combined $7 billion in damages.
      Bless my daughter Jennifer who has had no electrity for six days,
      and who has been told that it might take another week to get
      service to her East Hampton, New York home.

      And last but not least, bless my foot doctor who was half
      right about my recent foot injury. I thought that there
      was a break in my talus bone. He thought that there was
      a tear in my posterior tibial tendon. After yesterday's
      MRI, it turns out that we were both correct.

      Today's one mile swim was pain free. Ten minutes on the
      stationary bike was enough to confirm the results of
      the MRI. I did not run. An hour in the weight room
      working on arms and upper body also produced no pain.
      It is time for me to turn off my triathlon season and
      do a bit of recovery. I will continue training.

      Next Sunday I will be there at the starting line of
      the Sag Harbor Triathlon to do the swim. I will bike
      as far as I can until the pain signals me to stop.
      I will not do the six mile run.

      One last thought at 6:20 AM: If your name is Katia, please
      stay far away...