Googling Cancer

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 12, 2008
      Googling Cancer

      In 2008, 182,000 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer.
      In 2008, 40,000 women will die from invasive breast cancer.

      In 2008, 186,000 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer.
      In 2008, 29,000 men will die from invasive prostate cancer.

      Google the phrase "breast cancer."
      You will find 33,300,000 links.

      Google the phrase "prostate cancer."
      You will find 11,100,000 links.

      Google the phrase "breast cancer cure."
      You will find 4,990,000 links.

      Google the phrase "prostate cancer cure."
      You will find 750,000 links.

      Google the phrase "rat cancer research."
      You will find 3,280,000 links.

      Google the phrase "IGF-I cancer research."
      You will find 89,200 links.

      Google the phrase "breast cancer and milk."
      You will find 533,000 links.

      Google the phrase "prostate cancer and milk."
      You will find 403,000 links.

      Prostate Cancer and Breast Cancer have this in common:

      There are hundreds of millions of different proteins in
      nature, and only one hormone that is identical between
      any two species. That powerful growth hormone is
      insulin-like growth factor, or IGF-I. IGF-I in milk
      and dairy products survives digestion and has been
      identified as a key factor in the proliferation and
      growth of breast and prostate cancer cells.

      IGF-I is identical in human and cow.

      If you believe that breast feeding "works" to protect
      lactoferrins and immunoglobulins from digestion (and
      benefit the nursing infant), you must also recognize
      that milk is a hormonal delivery system. By drinking
      cow's milk, one delivers IGF-I in a bioactive form to
      the body's cells. When IGF-I from cow's milk alights
      upon an existing cancer it is like pouring gasoline
      on a fire.

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      "Human Insulin-like growth factor (IGF-I) and bovine
      IGF-I are identical. Both contain 70 amino acids in
      the identical sequence."

      Judith C. Juskevich and C. Greg Guyer.
      SCIENCE, vol. 249. August 24, 1990.

      "IGF-I is critically involved in the aberrant growth of
      human cancer cells."

      M. Lippman. J. Natl. Inst. Health Res., 1991, 3.

      "IGF-I is a potent growth factor for cellular
      proliferation in the human carcinoma cell line."

      J.C. Chen, J-Cell-Physiol., January, 1994, 158(1)

      "Insulin-like growth factors are key factors for cancer growth."

      J.A. Figueroa, J-Cell-Physiol., Nov., 1993, 157(2)

      "IGF-I produces a 10-fold increase in RNA levels of cancer cells."
      IGF-I appears to be a critical component in cellular proliferation."

      X.S. Li, Exp-Cell-Res., March, 1994, 211(1)

      "IGF-I plays a major role in human cancer cell growth."

      E.A. Musgrove, Eur-J-Cancer, 29A (16), 1993

      "IGF-I has been identified as a key factor in cancer."

      Hankinson. The Lancet, vol. 351. May 9, 1998

      "Serum IGF-I levels increased significantly in milk
      drinkers, an increase of about 10% above baseline but
      was unchanged in the control group."

      Robert P. Heaney, Journal of the American Dietetic
      Association, vol. 99, no. 10. October 1999