Crash and Burn

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2008
      Crash and Burn

      Yesterday was a depressing day for me.

      I lost everything stored in my email including today's
      column. I promised to announce the winner of the Free
      SoyToy contest on March 1st.

      One hundred and fourteen entries were received, some
      quite brilliant.

      You were asked to submit an essay on the subject of
      text in the Bible and Koran. In both cases, adulterers
      are to be stoned. I asked for your opinion. Are these
      sacred texts a part of God's plan for man, or man's
      plan for man?

      The contest was motivated by a real-life story taking
      place in Iran. Two sisters have been sentenced to death
      by stoning.

      The winner is Ron Eastwood. I wish that I could share
      Ron's essay with you. It's lost somewhere in cyberspace.
      Perhaps this computer glitch was planned by a man working
      for Microsoft. Perhaps it was divinely inspired. I will never
      know, but I think that I have had it with my fifteen-year
      reliance on traditional computers.

      After much prayer for guidance, I am placing my future
      faith in APPLE.