America's New MRSA Outbreak

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2007
      America's New MRSA Outbreak

      #*&#*&#*&#*&#*&#*&#*&#*&#*&#*&#*&#*&#*&#*&#

      Like a Grade-B Hollywood Stephen King movie, Monsanto
      may have genetically engineered a new version of
      staphylococcus which is immune to antibiotics.
      What was done with their "batch" error? My Freedom
      of Informtion act request revealed that gallons of
      raw infected Posilac were dumped into sewers...

      #*&#*&#*&#*&#*&#*&#*&#*&#*&#*&#*&#*&#*&#*&#

      MRSA: Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus
      (MRSA), is a biological agent responsible for
      impossible-to-be-treated bacterial infections in
      humans. It is also called multiple-resistant
      Staphylococcus aureus.

      Every day MRSA in the news. A child or police officer
      or school teacher is diagnosed with this often-deadly
      bacterium. We read the stories in our morning newspapers
      and watch the tragedy grow on the evening news, crossing
      our fingers and hoping that we are not the next victim.
      I first warned about this coming horror story more
      than three years ago by writing:

      ##########----EXCLUSIVE----###########

      Freedom of Information Act request reveals
      disastrous mistake and cover-up.

      On The Brink of a GMO Disaster

      Americans are walking along the cutting edge blade
      of an environmental apocalypse.

      On Wednesday, February 4, 2004, I received the damning
      evidence that confirms Monsanto's crime against humankind.
      Thirty hours of non-stop research and confirmation later
      supports the magnitude of Monsanto's crime against humankind.

      The FDA is a co-conspirator because Monsanto's
      genetically engineered bovine growth hormone should
      have been immediately banned from the market upon receipt
      of this news, which will be revealed in this column.

      I have just received the results of my Freedom of
      Information Act (FOIA) request that was made a
      few days before Christmas, 2003. On the day I filed
      that request, I also spoke with a number of FDA bureaucrats.
      I smelled a cover-up of major proportion at FDA and wrote:

      "Will I get to the truth? You bet. One way or another..."

      I predicted:

      "Mark down this date, 12/19/03."

      This may very well be the defining moment that ends the
      use of genetically engineered foods in America's food."

      For my entire column, see:

      FDA finally responded to my FOIA request by intentionally
      ignoring my actual request and sending me non-relevant
      information about an incident that occurred many years
      earlier. See:

      I could not stand it anymore. I called the person in
      charge at FDA, Glo Dunnavan, and said:

      "I no longer give a damn about working with the FDA.
      I give up. You win. The American people lose." I invited
      you, my readers, to kick me in the butt. My column:

      I then called the FDA Ombudsman, Marcia Larkins and
      voiced my frustration. She called me the next day to
      tell me that she would handle my FOIA request. After
      telling her not to bother, and after her insisting
      that she would, I hung up the phone, expecting very little.

      On January 30, 2004, I received a warning that represented
      a threat to my well being. I wrote a column the next day,
      responding to that threat:

      "I have been threatened, and my enemies can go to hell.
      They will read this, and know that there will be many
      witnesses to any future coincidences. You, my readers,
      are an insurance policy that may or may not have
      matured to its full term...I will not turn my back
      on the children. So, I continue my course. Full speed
      ahead."

      My entire column:

      Four days after writing and posting that column, I received
      an envelope from FDA confirming my worst fears. My FOIA
      request. Truth, at last. The entire request cost me
      $18.30. This revelation shall cost Monsanto and its
      stockholders considerably more.

      The most damning evidence can be found in observation number
      1, filed by an FDA investigator after inspecting Monsanto's
      recombinant bovine somatotropin (rbST or Posilac) production
      facility at Biochemisetrasse 10, Kundl, Austria.

      OBSERVATION 1

      "There is a failure to thoroughly review the failure
      of a batch or any of its components to meet any of its
      specifications whether or not the batch has been
      thoroughly distributed."

      "Specifically, the corrective actions implemented after
      the investigation of nine sterility failures reported
      since 2001 (3 for 2001, 3 for 2002, and 3 for 2003) for
      Posilac injection or for the lyophilized active ingredient
      (Sometribove zinc) have not been effective in preventing
      reoccurrence. In five instances (2 for 2001, 1 for 2002,
      and 2 for 2003) the organism was identified as
      Propionibacterium acnes; Staphylococcus species have been
      identified in three instances and in one instance (in
      2002) Bacillus pumilus was found. Propionibacterium was
      found in environmental samples of the manufacturing areas.
      Batches manufactured around the same period of time and
      under the same conditions of the affected lots have been
      released to the market."

      OBSERVATION 2

      "Equipment for adequate control over micro-organisms
      is not provided when appropriate for the manufacture,
      processing, packing or holding of a drug product."

      As Jeff Goldbloom said to Geena Davis in the classic
      horror film, The Fly (1986): "Be scared, be very scared."

      The first attempt to produce a new food by pretending
      to understand God's genetic code resulted in a new
      kind of milk, supersaturated with powerful growth
      hormones. FDA lied to America, claiming that milk
      had not changed. That was the beginning.

      At the end of the twentieth century, biotechnology
      produced another new food, made by re-combining
      genetic material from deepwater fish living in
      cold water with a gene from a potato, hoping to grow
      a new variety of potato in cold weather. A similar
      attempt at producing the "Flavor-Saver" tomato
      produced a variety of tomato that looked great,
      but lacked flavor.

      With this latest FOIA request, we learn the answer
      to the query, "What hath God wrought?" Humankind
      will now be asking, "What hath man wrought?"

      It has been well reported that a new emerging species
      of bacteria has developed, immune to antibiotic
      treatment. Staphylococcus aureus plagues many American
      hospitals in this new outbreak. Could the etiology
      of the mother of all deadly Staph infections be
      traced to a new genetically engineered version of
      Staph, a superbug inadvertently produced by Monsanto
      and then introduced into the food supply?

      In 1989, such Staphyloccus infections were unknown to
      hospitals. By 2002, nearly two-thirds of all hospital
      infections could be attributed to antibiotic-resistant
      Staphlococcus infections.

      A second bacterium on FDA's (once) secret report
      reveals that Posilac samples were found to contain
      Bacillus pumilus. This bacterium degrades cellulose.
      What would be the result of genetically engineering
      something that breaks down the heartiest of plant
      cells with a cow hormone? As my dear departed Grandma
      Ruth used to say, "God only knows."

      A third bacterium found was identified as
      Propionibacterium acnes (P-acnes). What the heck
      is P-acnes? An Internet search revealed:

      "P. acnes is the causative agent of acne vulgaris (pimples)...
      Other infections for which P. acnes has been implicated
      include corneal ulcers, heart valves and prosthetic
      devices, and central nervous system shunts. A rare heart
      disease known as Propionibacterium acnes endocarditis has
      been discovered in a prosthetic valve infected with P. acnes.
      The valve was also complicated by multiple mycotic aneurysms."

      Will Monsanto's genetically engineered version be giving
      America's teenagers super-zits?

      I am not a microbiologist. I am just a plain old guy
      who has predicted that these genetically engineered
      Frankenfoods might one day produce an environmental
      disaster. That day has arrived.

      My efforts resulted in a closing of Monsanto's factory
      for nearly a year. During that time, dairy farmers
      experienced a shortage of the injectable form of
      the genetically engineered bovine growth hormone.
      Monsanto suffered hundreds of millions of dollars
      in losses from my effort, but the damage was done.
      The clock continues to tick as more and more people
      become infected with MRSA.