Man-made Tsunamis Begin as Ripples

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2005
      Man-made Tsunamis Begin as Ripples

      When a tsunami is born, it gently rocks boats out
      at sea. In its youth, a tsunami rushes towards
      shore seeking shallow harbor water. As the tsunami
      matures, its power grows so that a tsunami can
      alter landscapes. Natural disasters of this sort
      are painful lessons to be learned by one generation,
      and are often forgotten by the next. Such cataclysmic
      events exist to repeat themselves, for that is the
      nature of our living planet.

      Last night, I made the resolution to work harder
      this year. Each time we go the extra yard in helping
      others, we create tiny ripples in an enormous ocean.
      Please observe closely the next time you throw a rock
      into a lake or large body of water. It's always a
      bulls-eye! Ripples continue long after the primary
      event.

      Create enough ripples, and one makes waves. Resolve
      to make waves. Wavemakers are often unpopular, but
      a man who has never made a wave has turn his own
      back on human potential, obligation, and destiny.
      In a sense, he has died before he has been born.
      Together we can erode ignorance, and change our
      landscape for the better.

      There will forever be ripples and tsunamis.
      Learn to channel their power for the good of all.
      Have a very happy and healthy new year.

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2006
        Man-made Tsunamis Begin as Ripples

        Although the Tsunami of 2005 began during the final
        days of 2004, the full consequences were not known
        until after January 1, 2005. For that reason, people
        will forever refer to that cataclysmic event as the
        Tsunami of 2005. We've spent the past few days
        remembering those who suffered the horrors of death,
        injury, disease, and homelessness. Sadly, recovery is
        slow, and as we enter 2006, the pain continues.

[...]

        a man who has never made a wave has turned his own
        back on human potential, obligation, and destiny.
        In a sense, he has died before he has been born.
        Together we can erode ignorance, and change our
        landscape for the better.

        There will forever be ripples and tsunamis.
        Learn to channel their power for the good of all.
        Have a very happy and healthy 2006.