509621st Century Population Control From USDA

    Aug 12, 2014

      21st Century Population Control From USDA

      Professor: (regarding an approaching tsunami)
      "Mind you, I haven't worked out all the details."
      Mrs. Howell: "I have one thing to say to you,
      Professor. Work out the details."
      - Gilligan's Island, 1965

      *     *     *     *

      Sometimes, I lazily neglect to work out the details
      after finding something new that can impact us all.
      I paid little attention to this story in January of
      2014. After all, there are many poisons which affect
      us, and this one was not yet legal. Today's "operative
      word" is: "yet".

      In January of 2014, the journal Environmental
      Toxicology reported that an experimental new
      herbicide considered for use by Monsanto and Dow
      chemical, dicamba, adversely affected steroid
      hormone levels and gene expression in minnows.

      Scientists wrote:

      "Dicamba...has been shown to have cytogeneic and DNA
      damaging effects and to cause organ damage in mammals...
      Overall, dicamba exposure could result in histological
      lesions...changes in sex hormone levels, and alterations
      of hormone-related gene expression. Therefore, dicamba
      should be considered to be a potential endocrine disruptor."

      Minnow. I knew that word in my youth.

      For those not aware of Gilligan's Island, the S.S.
      Minnow was a boat that catered to tourists which went
      for a three hour 1964 cruise and got stranded in
      television re-runs for all eternity.

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC6-E5XV_yE

      We are about to embark on a new three-hour tour
      and have left the roadmap back at the marina.
      In a sense, we are up the creek without a G.P.S.

      Thanks to an enthusiastic pre approval report by
      the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
      (APHIS), the United States Department of Agriculture
      (USDA) is poised to approve a new genetically
      engineered poison which will affect us all.

      Even though millions of acres of prime farmland
      now host weeds immune to Monsanto's first round of
      genetically engineered seeds and Round-up Ready
      herbicide, USDA will soon approve Round-2 of a
      product informally called Roundup-X. Dow Chemical
      also has a version of this X-factor which combines
      dicamba (which affected minnows in the January, 2014
      publication) and glyphosates (which are now found in
      the breast tumor tissues of human females who once
      relied upon USDA lies).

      The new product will be called Xtend.
      Dow's version will be called Enlst.

      USDA will soon open a public comment period of
      30-45 days, after publishing notice in the
      Congressional Record which they are required to
      do by law. You will have an opportunity to file
      a formal comment with USDA regarding your concerns.
      Based upon previous history, USDA will ignore such
      public comments.

      There will be controversy generated by environmental
      groups scrambling for their fair share of your donations
      to stop such insanity. Who says that insanity is limited
      to just USDA? The show will begin in just a few weeks.

      In the meantime, you might instead re-consider investing
      those future donations to well-compensated directors of
      501(C)3 orgs, for organically grown produce for yourself,
      and while you're at it, explore that plant-based regimen
      which you knew would one day represent your own diet.

      For those eating the Standard American Diet, what essence
      of poison will be left behind in the ground for future
      generations of young people to reap what we, who miserably
      failed to change the world for the better, have sowed?

      Gilligan: "You know, Skipper. I'm very happy to be here.
      I'm so happy, I could kiss the ground." (kisses the sand)
      Gilligan: "This island tastes terrible."

      ***Copy & Post Column to Facebook & Other Social Networking Sites***
      https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/NotMilk/conversations/messages/5096