Re: [NTB] Notetab Issues

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 14, 2001
      Hi Sam,

      Welcome to the list - now sign on another - haha!-)

      To discuss this more please sign up for the NoteTab and HTML
      list, see below to sign up. Please read on though.

      >I have been using Notetab Pro for a couple years now.... And Love
      >it...By far the best software I ever purchased.

      :-)

      >My question is this:
      >Is there a way that I have links in the beginning of my page that
      >will jump me down to the area of that page in the text?

      Yes, you use a link to an anchor. NoteTab and others call them
      bookmarks.

      more links
      text
      <a name="anchorname"></a>

      thispage = the page you are editing
      anchorname = whatever you want to call it, generally speaking.
      I normally use something that gives me a hint about where it is
      going.

      Example:

      <a name="chp1"></a>

      or something like:

      <h2 align="center"><a name="chp1">Chapter One</a></h2>

      If you want to see a working example, simply open ReadMe.otl
      found in NoteTab's main folder, then click on Modify | Document
      to HTML | No Character Conversion and then click on View in
      Browser. The source can be studied in NoteTab after the Outline
      is copied and converted.

      Happy HTML'n!

      The NoteTab and Html List...
      mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
    • Jason Waugh
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 14, 2001
        >My question is this:
        >Is there a way that I have links in the beginning of my page that will
        >jump me down to the area of that page in the text?
        >
        >This helpfile used to be separated into about 5 different files but it got
        >to be too much to handle and I could not keep track of updates as easy. So
        >I put it all into one file but now I see that it is again getting
        >unmanageable.

        Have you tried making an OUTLINE file out of this? I think that would give you all the organization you need.
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 14, 2001
          Hi Jason and Sam,

          >> Is there a way that I have links in the beginning of my page
          >> that will jump me down to the area of that page in the text?

          >Have you tried making an OUTLINE file out of this? I think that
          >would give you all the organization you need.

          My Outline Library has a Clip that will convert HTML, .clb,
          and.txt files to an Outline. It is called Pages to Outline. If
          you are converting HTML, pay close attention to the options.
          Your documents are not modified, but if you forget an option you
          will have to start again. Anyway, that might be the easiest route
          for you to take. Just convert the Outline to HTML as mentioned
          in my previous post.

          http://www.notetab.net/zip/outline.zip

          Happy HTML'n!

          The NoteTab and Html List...
          mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
        • Lotta
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 15, 2001
            Hi Sam,

            > I have one page which is actually getting very big that contains all my
            > help notes
            >My question is this:
            >Is there a way that I have links in the beginning of my page that will
            >jump me down to the area of that page in the text?

            As suggested, an OTL seems like a good idea for this. But you can use
            "hyper links" in an ordinary text file as well, also link between files.
            Search for "hyper links" in Help for the different formats to use. In the
            example below, clicking the words inside brackets while holding down CTRL
            will find the first occurrences of the same words in the text.

            Lotta

            [::NoteTab] [::Text Editor] [::HTML]

            -some text-

            NoteTab