Re: [NTB]

  • Don Passenger
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 5, 2001
      Hi,

      I am calling those from who knows where. They are not compressed and come
      from the original question askers server. If I did it I would use nice
      graphics, well compressed. It is a pretty cool thing though, don't you
      think?

      ---
      Don Passenger
      -
      snip
      > > This is off topic indeed. The answer is you use tables with margins and
      > > gutters. See http://www.bestfoot.com/test/margins.htm for snip
    • stephen riddle
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 28, 2002
        Hi Mike,
        I have a couple of ideas which you might try really quick,
        Note Tab's tab stops probably are not equivalent to how you formatted, go to
        your options menu and play around with that.
        Your DOS program uses monospace fonts. NoteTab is not restricted to that.
        If you choose a monospace font (again in options) things will look better.
        And that's all my ideas for the day.
        Hope it works,
        Stephen

        On Wednesday 27 March 2002 11:48, you wrote:
        > Hi
        >
        > I have an ANSI file produced from a DOS program which utilises lines to
        > crate bozes etc. They work fine in edit (under DOS) but as soon as I goto
        > Notetab, either ASCII or ANSI all the formatting is lost.
        >
        > ANy ideas??
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Mike Smith

      • hsavage
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 3 8:26 AM
          º Daniel Müller wrote:
          º
          º Hi,
          º
          º I have lots of large files, which have line numbers/points/spaces at the
          º beginning of the lines. how can I cut off these (a certain amount of)
          characters
          º from the beginning of a line?
          º
          º Note: I do not master clip language (yet?).
          º
          º TIA,
          º cheers,
          º Daniel
          º
          º
          Daniel,

          I'm not a regex-er but, using the start Hugo made, I played with this
          until it worked.

          This would be a single line clip to remove all line numbers that are
          followed by a period and 1 or more spaces.

          -------------
          h=remove-LINE-numbers
          ^!Replace ^\d*\.\s* >> ^%empty% TISwAR
          -----------

          The W in TISwAR causes numbers in the entire document to be replaced.
          Remove the W and numbers from the cursor position down will be replaced.

          You can do this line number replacement with the Replace dialog wizard
          too, might be quicker than adding a clip to one of your libraries, but,
          with a clip the function is always available.

          If you want to try the Replace dialog copy and paste the first series
          '^\d*\.\s*', without the quotes, into the top line of the wizard, leave
          the bottom line blank.

          Hope this will help.

          hrs
        • hsavage
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 3 8:40 AM
            º hsavage wrote:
            º
            º º Daniel Müller wrote:
            º º
            º º Hi,
            º º
            º º I have lots of large files, which have line numbers/points/spaces at the

            º Daniel,
            º
            º
            º You can do this line number replacement with the Replace dialog wizard
            º too, might be quicker than adding a clip to one of your libraries, but,
            º with a clip the function is always available.
            º
            º If you want to try the Replace dialog copy and paste the first series
            º '^\d*\.\s*', without the quotes, into the top line of the wizard, leave
            º the bottom line blank.
            º
            º hrs
            º
            Daniel,

            If you use the Replace dialog to do this don't forget to check the small
            regexp box in the dialog.

            hrs
          • Daniel Müller
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 3 9:25 AM
              Hi,

              thanks a lot for the effort. However, I can't get the clip working yet,
              there's no reaction. Also the replace dialog doesn't respond (regexp box is
              checked). Here is a small example of how these files look like:

              12 hi!
              11 this
              10 is
              9 a
              8 test.
              7 how can I
              6 cut
              5 the
              4 numbers
              3 off???
              . some columns also
              . have points at the beginning

              Is it possible to delete -let's say- the columns of character 3 to 6 form a
              file?

              Thanks again,
              Daniel

              > º Daniel Müller wrote:
              > º
              > º Hi,
              > º
              > º I have lots of large files, which have line numbers/points/spaces at the
              > º beginning of the lines. how can I cut off these (a certain amount of)
              > characters
              > º from the beginning of a line?
              > º
              > º Note: I do not master clip language (yet?).
              > º
              > º TIA,
              > º cheers,
              > º Daniel
              > º
              > º
              > Daniel,
              >
              > I'm not a regex-er but, using the start Hugo made, I played with this
              > until it worked.
              >
              > This would be a single line clip to remove all line numbers that are
              > followed by a period and 1 or more spaces.
              >
              > -------------
              > h=remove-LINE-numbers
              > ^!Replace ^\d*\.\s* >> ^%empty% TISwAR
              > -----------
              >
              > The W in TISwAR causes numbers in the entire document to be replaced.
              > Remove the W and numbers from the cursor position down will be replaced.
              >
              > You can do this line number replacement with the Replace dialog wizard
              > too, might be quicker than adding a clip to one of your libraries, but,
              > with a clip the function is always available.
              >
              > If you want to try the Replace dialog copy and paste the first series
              > '^\d*\.\s*', without the quotes, into the top line of the wizard, leave
              > the bottom line blank.
              >
              > Hope this will help.
              >
              > hrs
            • Daniel Müller
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 3 11:08 AM
                Great editor and shame on me!!!

                That was exaclty what I was looking for.

                Thanks!

              • DA
                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 3 11:57 AM

                  Daniel Müller wrote:

                  > Hi,
                  >
                  > I have lots of large files, which have line numbers/points/spaces at the
                  > beginning of the lines. how can I cut off these (a certain amount of) characters
                  > from the beginning of a line?
                  >
                  > Note: I do not master clip language (yet?).
                  >
                  > TIA,
                  > cheers,
                  > Daniel
                  >
                  > --
                  > http://www.gmx.net

                • hsavage
                  Message 8 of 13 , Sep 3 2:04 PM
                    º Daniel Müller wrote:
                    º
                    º Hi,
                    º
                    º thanks a lot for the effort. However, I can't get the clip working yet,
                    º there's no reaction. Also the replace dialog doesn't respond (regexp
                    box is
                    º checked). Here is a small example of how these files look like:
                    º
                    º Is it possible to delete -let's say- the columns of character 3 to 6
                    form a
                    º file?
                    º
                    º Thanks again,
                    º Daniel
                    º
                    º º
                    º º I have lots of large files, which have line numbers/points/spaces at the
                    º º beginning of the lines. how can I cut off these (a certain amount of)
                    º º characters from the beginning of a line?
                    º º

                    Daniel,

                    My apologies, I didn't read your email closely enough. I was laboring
                    under the impression that each of your lines began with a number,
                    followed by a period, followed by a space or spaces.

                    The first clip I sent was only looking for 1 format of numbers as follows,

                    1. abc
                    10. def
                    100. ghi

                    etc.. The new one liner looks for all the combinations below, this is
                    the test file I was working with. I added the lines from your email to
                    mine and the new one line clip works great, the new clip is at the
                    bottom of this this test file.

                    1. <frameset rows="10%,*" frameborder="yes" bordercolor="#ffcccc"
                    border="2">
                    2. <frame src="c-f.htm" name="top" scrolling=no>
                    3. <frameset cols="20%,69%,*" frameborder="yes" bordercolor="#ffcccc"
                    border="2">
                    4. <frame src="software.htm" name="sw">
                    <frame src="software.htm" name="sw">
                    5. <frameset rows="40%,*" frameborder="yes" bordercolor="#ffcccc"
                    border="2">
                    6. <frame src="html/group10.htm" name="grps">
                    7. <frame src="html/f1.htm" name="main">
                    <frame src="html/f1.htm" name="main">
                    8. </frameset>
                    9. <frame src="group-dex.htm" name="grp-dex">
                    10. </frameset>
                    11. </frameset>
                    12. <noframes>
                    101. -kkk-
                    102. -jjjjj-
                    103. -eeeeeeeeeee-
                    -eeeeeeeeeee-
                    104. -zz-
                    105. -qqq-
                    12345. dfghj
                    23456. qwer
                    12 hi!
                    11 this
                    10 is
                    9 a
                    8 test.
                    7 how can I
                    6 cut
                    5 the
                    4 numbers
                    3 off???
                    . some columns also
                    . have points at the beginning
                    . some columns also
                    . have points at the beginning

                    -----------------
                    h=remove-LINE-numbers-PERIODS-spaces
                    ^!Replace (^\d*\.\s*)|(^\d*\s*)|(^\.*\s*) >> ^%empty% TISwAR

                    ---------
                    This clip
                  • Matt Clark
                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 21, 2004
                      Many thanks.

                      Message 10 of 13 , May 18, 2004
                        I also use WinXP, and as far as I know XP will continue to use those
                        icons
                        for the files, because it can be set per extension, no matter what
                        program
                        is used for that extension.

                        And about the error you get, it probably says that the document
                        contains
                        binary codes. You can disable this by going to "view -> options" in
                        the
                        "Files" tab, deactivate "Filter binary codes"

                        greetings,
                        Marcel de Jong

                        (just 'discovered' this support group)...

                        I too have been getting error messages on opening NT Std. They refer
                        to binary codes. I've gone through the above suggestions to de-
                        activate it, but don't see a prompt or box to uncheck 'filter...' in
                        the 'Files' tab as mentioned. How else could I get it to work?

                        TIA
                      • Matt Clark
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jul 25, 2004
                          Ben,