  • The d. Milliken's
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2001
      I can't figure it out. How do you compose a Newsletter / eZine and get it to display in a column width? My apologies if this is "off topic". Seems like it must be basic...to everyone but me *L*.
      dave
      d. milliken <><
      www.pixelpallet.com YourDotCom

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 5, 2001
        Hi Dave and All,

        >I can't figure it out. How do you compose a Newsletter / eZine
        >and get it to display in a column width? My apologies if this is
        >"off topic". Seems like it must be basic...to everyone but me *L*.

        If you are referring to an HTML web page, please post to the
        NoteTab and HTML list (see below). If you are referring to a
        text document for eMail, please let us know, and if this is
        follow up on the "Scrambled columns?" thread could you please put
        that in the mail header under Subject.

        When you all post please use useful subjects for the "Subject:"
        field in your mail program. It helps many of us who save certain
        posts and who search the web archives to find things easier.
        Subjects like "Newbie," "Newbie has a question," and "Dumb
        Question," don't help us much. ;)

        Also, once a thread (a number of posts on the same topic) has
        changed in context from the original topic, please rename it
        to something that will give a tip what it is about and for those
        that use filters and others, please put out to the right of the
        new (was: and the old subject), or at least the first part of it.
        Thanks much!

        Happy HTML'n!

        The NoteTab and Html List...
        mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
      • David Milliken
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 10, 2001
          Jody,
          you wrote:
          >If you are referring to a .......
          > text document for eMail, please let us know, >

          Yes that's what I mean. I would like to be able to create a text
          document to be sent in email as a newsletter. I can't figure out how
          to make it look like most eZines look. That is, how to make the
          column of text narrower than a regular email. I have tried to compose
          it in notetab with tables but when I send it in email it shows all
          the html and still has the full width of a regular email.

          I appreciate your time on this. Please note that "basic" to me
          is "newbie". And aren't you happy I put a subject in this time. I can
          learn *S* : )
          thanks,
          dave
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 10, 2001
            Hi David,

            >Yes that's what I mean. I would like to be able to create a text
            >document to be sent in email as a newsletter. I can't figure out
            >how to make it look like most eZines look. That is, how to make
            >the column of text narrower than a regular email. I have tried to
            >compose it in notetab with tables but when I send it in email it
            >shows all the html and still has the full width of a regular email.

            Now I understand that you want to send the post in HTML format.
            You cannot use NoteTab's Send for that, or any Send as far as
            that goes to OE5. OE5 does not allow you to put HTML source in a
            regular type post which is good. You need to use Message |
            Message Using | Web page... and use the path to the document on
            your drive. That can be done with a Clip. I wrote one before,
            but could not find it, so I wrote another and put it in my OE5
            Library. :) I'll send it to the Clips list and copy you.

            mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
            http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab