Re: [NTB] 3 ways of getting these egroup messages

  • Kings Way
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 27, 2000
      Hi, my name is cathleen(cath) and I am a new member to this group.I am very
      new at web design or use of puters for that matter,but have been collecting
      the info and planning the design outline for a web site main and subsequent
      links/referals. I have never used notab or any other editor tho have a
      little gif animation experience . I have been a member of a few puter,
      graphics, and literature lists for awhile and enjoy being a parrt of the
      time,hence I'll prabably have a million ?'s but will look forward to getting
      to know members here and what I can learn and share here.
      Cath
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 27, 2000
        thanx Jody
        cath
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 3, 2001
          I notice there are three options for reading egroups.

          No mail/Web only.
          Daily digests
          Individual email.

          How can I change between these three options by merely
          sending a command email to an egroups address. I
          thought I knew this, but it seems I don't.

          Thanks for any help, in advance.

          --
          Stephen
        • Julie
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 3, 2001
            you wrote:

            >I notice there are three options for reading egroups.
            >
            >No mail/Web only.
            >Daily digests
            >Individual email.
            >
            >How can I change between these three options by merely
            >sending a command email to an egroups address. I
            >thought I knew this, but it seems I don't.

            To join/subscribe:
            Send a blank message to LISTNAME-subscribe@egroups.com

            To unsubscribe:

            To put your email message delivery on hold for a group temporarily(i.e.,
            vacation, OR if you prefer to read on the web):
            Send a blank message to LISTNAME-nomail@egroups.com

            To change your subscription to daily digest mode:
            Send a blank message to LISTNAME-digest@egroups.com

            To reset/change your subscription to individual emails:
            Send a blank message to LISTNAME-normal@egroups.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 3, 2001
              Hi Stephen,

              In addition to what Julie posted, you can make mailto: Clips for
              each list for easy sing on/off and option changes. See Clip
              basics for those of you who do know how or post over on the Clips
              list. mailto:ntb-Clips-subscribe@... All the lists are
              posted below.

              Easy web sign on/off for the main NoteTab lists is at:
              http://www.notetab.com/maillist.htm

              Easy web sign on/off for all Fookes Software lists is at:

              I will make a post with all the lists that have the different
              options in the future that has all mailto: links in it. My
              signature lines almost all the time have subscribe and
              unsubscribe mailto: links in them which are clickable to sign
              on/off the list I am posting to.

              >No mail/Web only.
              >Daily digests
              >Individual email.
              > How can I change between these three options by merely sending
              > a command email to an egroups address. I thought I knew this,
              > but it seems I don't.

              To Subscribe to or UnSubscribe from any of the following
              Mailing Lists send an empty post to the appropriate list(s)
              using the eMail address to the right of the list name:

              Subscribe
              ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
              The NoteTab Basic List............ NoteTab-Subscribe@...
              The NoteTab Clips List............ ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
              The NoteTab ClipsClass List....... ntb-ClipClass-Subscribe@...
              The NoteTab HTML List............. ntb-HTML-Subscribe@...
              The NoteTab Beta List............. ntb-NextRelease-Subscribe@...
              The NoteTab Off-Topic List........ ntb-OffTopic-Subscribe@...
              NoteTab Announcements List........ ntb-Announcements-Subscribe@...
              The Album Express List............ Album-Express-Subscribe@...
              The Mailbag Assistant List........ MailBag-Subscribe@...
              The Fookes Software Beta List..... fs-NextRelease-Subscribe@...

              UnSubscribe
              ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 3, 2001
                Hi Cath,

                Welcome to the list. The NoteTab Basic list, this one, is good
                for learning NoteTab in general. The NoteTab and HTML list is
                where we discuss web authoring and where all the web pros hang
                out. :) Feel free to ask any question about HTML over there
                regardless of how simple you might think it is "suppose" to be.
                Don't get scared off with some of the advanced HTML over there is
                what I'm trying to say. Hope you enjoy your stay! :)

                >Hi, my name is cathleen(cath) and I am a new member to this
                >group.I am very new at web design or use of puters for that
                >matter,but have been collecting the info and planning the design
                >outline for a web site main and subsequent links/referals. I have
                >never used notab or any other editor tho have a little gif
                >animation experience .

                Happy HTML'n!

                The NoteTab and Html List...
                mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
              • danpayer
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 4, 2001
                  Jody or someone knowledgeable,

                  What is the NoteTab Clips Class list? And how is it different from the
                  Clips list?

                  TIA,
                  Dan Payer
                  danpayer@...

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 4, 2001
                      Jody, does your "clips class" begin with "Clips -101"?

                      Message 10 of 11 , Jan 4, 2001
                        Hi MCMAIER,

                        Please send anymore posts about the ClipClass to me in private
                        eMail. I hope the following will answer most the questions you
                        may have.

                        >Jody, does your "clips class" begin with "Clips -101"?

                        The Outline starts with the Welcome letter and the Library starts
                        with ClipClass Info. If you are meaning does it start at a 101
                        level, then yes, but it does assume that you know NoteTab fairly
                        well. It is all self paced and assignments do not have to be
                        turned in, nor do you have to sign up for the mailing list for
                        it. You will just need to download every couple of months to get
                        updated or see if there are any new lessons at eGroups and then
                        download. The second link below only needs to be downloaded one
                        time.

                        For further information please read the first few headings in the
                        ClipClass Library and go to the following web page which could
                        stand a little bit editing, but it is still fairly accurate. I
                        added more since I wrote, "It is the responsibility of the
                        student to read and have a good understanding of the basics found
                        in NoteTab's Help in the following three sections although you
                        should read them.

                        Clip Language - Introduction
                        Clip Basics Create
                        Clipbook Libraries

                        http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clipclass

                        All the contents of the zip files go in NoteTab's Libraries folder.

                        http://www.sureword.com/clipclass/clipclass.zip
                        You only need to download the next one time.
                        http://www.sureword.com/clipclass/tooltips.zip

                        Please be kind enough to report errors in private eMail to me.

                        Message 11 of 11 , Jan 4, 2001
                          Hi MCMAIER,

                          Sorry about the old links! It is notetab.net now, not sureword.com

                          >All the contents of the zip files go in NoteTab's Libraries folder.
                          >http://www.notetab.net/clipclass/clipclass.zip
                          >You only need to download the next one time.
                          >http://www.notetab.net/clipclass/tooltips.zip

                          c ya,
                          Jody

                          The whole world doth err save you